madtex1967

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by madtex1967

1. I have seen a snow scene where baking soda was used (mixed with white glitter for sparkle). A thin layer of glue was spread on the foam base and the soda was liberally applied. I think it was done in several layers so none of the foam base showed through. The same was used for drifts and such. It was very realistic. It was also used in windows where a thin layer of glue was spread in the corners so when the soda was applied, it looked as if snow was stuck on the window panes.
  2. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Floors Glued in Place (braced with scrap wood)
  3. Carmen! I have one you can have! It is painted as you can see, but it is yours if you want it. No $$ necessary. I can just mail it to you. Send me a PM with your address and I will send it out ASAP.
  4. The price of the house WITH the figurines is $1500.00. I am just shocked they are asking so much for something so badly decorated with real size wallpaper from sample books and peel and stick tile. I wouldn't be surprised if the lighting are Christmas lights.
  5. WOW! My Garfield is seriously under-priced if someone pays $1000 for this house! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plantation-Style-Wooden-Dollhouse-GWTW-SERIOUS-buyers-only-/171927307981?hash=item2807aa86cd:g:~4MAAOSwgNRV8YVc
  6. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Gluing walls to the foundation. Those coffee table books come in handy!
  7. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Gluing walls to foundation
  8. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

The start of the walls are up!
  9. Carmen, I am building the Model Homes Cape May (I also have this kit!). It is a larger version of this house. I really like the way it all goes together. I started an album for it and will keep it updated as the build comes along. Matt
  10. So . . . . I still have this Garfield, sitting under the stairs and covered by a sheet. I have only had 3 inquiries all this time. I have it on Craigslist, eBay and Etsy. The last inquiry was someone wanting to purchase it for their 7 year old . I don't think she realized it was not a house intended for play. Sigh, I wish it would go to a good home. I have dropped the asking price twice. The initial price was WAY below the money invested, not counting my time. I am seriously thinking of finding a good charity in the area to donate for an auction.
  11. That's the Duracraft Newberg! Google that name and you should come up with several pictures to see how other have built the house. Unfortunately, Duracraft went out of business long ago, but their kits show up on eBay and other sites as well as 2nd hand/thrift stores.
  12. madtex1967

The Kit!

From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

The start of the foundation.
  13. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

14. madtex1967

Foundation #1

From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

15. I chose my colors tonight for the Model Homes Cape May! I am about to start putting the walls together. I am really liking the system this kit uses of corner posts and clapboard assembly. Too bad the company is out of business.
  16. I started the Model Homes Cape May house this evening! I had originally decided to work on another of my kits after the Victoriana. But this one seemed to speak to me more. I have some upgrade ideas (window, doors, staircase), but will basically following the build as is. I am excited to get busy on it as I remember this one when I first started in the hobby at age 15 and couldn't afford the kit!