madtex1967

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by madtex1967

1. A friend posted this on Facebook from his hometown (SF). The inspiration of some great mini houses. It's nice to see it fully restored. http://sf.curbed.com/2016/3/28/11319088/westerfeld-house
  2. Kelly, I saw this post and I had to investigate. I had seen this auction before and passed it up as I have 2 other curved stairs already in my stash. But I took the plunge for $40 including shipping I figured I couldn't get hurt (too much) . It arrived today, and it is the Lawbre staircase! I got a great bargain and a beautiful set of stairs! Thanks for pointing that out! I think I will use it in my next build (which I will start soon after a real life project is completed very soon!) Matt
  3. It is from their 1/2 scale line. I have some of their doors and windows in my stash to use on my Elizabeth Ann. The chimney comes in two pieces - halves. They have to be glued together to form a square chimney. So unfortunately I don't think they will work for what you need.
  4. Have you thought about using the Grandt Line Chimney? I used it on my Victoriana and really happy with the way it looks and turned out. I painted it with 3 colors of acrylic paint to achieve the look I wanted. It adhered beautifully.
  5. Thanks Holly! Actually the yellow is not as bright as in the pictures. I think my flash made it look so bright. I tried to adjust in Photoshop without much luck. The parlor floor is a Brodnax's kit. It was really easy to put down. The rest of the floors are coffee stirrers. Tonight I start looking in boxes for some furniture. I have a sofa and chair set for the parlor and some tables. I have bedroom furniture as well I need to pull out. I have several Cassidy kits I want to assemble for this house as well.
  6. It's Done! The Victoriana Rehab/Bash is done! Now I just need to fill it with furnishings. But that will be a slow process and I acquire and build items. I've added pictures to the Album! Now on to the next project!