madtex1967

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by madtex1967

1. Also check eBay.  I have found several lights that are no longer being made on there.  Houseworks used to make several 1/2 scale fixtures.  There are other suppliers that do make fixtures, but some do come with stickershock.  These stores I have ordered from with good customer service.

Oakridgestores.com

Thelightingbug.com

Thelittledollhousecompany.com

Mountainminiatures.com

• Thanks 1
  2. Ugh, I don't know why I look when I shouldn't buy.  Someone would be upset if I bring another house home.  But . . . . . . 

They would be such a great fixer uppers.  I think I just need to complete the projects I have now!

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/for/d/new-orleans-victorian-dollhouse-vintage/7689867161.html

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/clt/d/doll-house/7689464622.html

• Like 1
  3. On 7/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, chattycathy66 said:

Hi would anyone be able to send me Vineyard cottage instructions? I purchased the rectangle box version along time ago and am just getting to it, Thanks Cathy

Cathy, have you found a set of instructions?  If not, I believe I still have mine from the Witch's cottage build.  I should be able to scan them and send your way.

Matt

4. 1 hour ago, MaryT1942 said:

The most important thing to do, when constructing a dollhouse, ANY dollhouse, is to do the interior walls, window frames, etc, AND the exterior walls, siding, windows, etc, BEFORE you put it together. Once assembled, most dollhouses are not finished with decor, because, once assembled, it is very difficult to paint walls, put up wallpaper, curtains, etc. Roof and shingles go on last.

The hardest part of the job is planning how to do it. The instruction sheets provided with most dollhouses are poorly planned, and no methods of reinforcement are offered.

I completely disagree!  Each house has its own challenges and is different.  I build the house first, add the siding, trim, and shingles.  Then I attack the interior by priming, wiring and then wallpaper.  Then windows are glued in place and then the window trim on the interior is added.

Each of us have our own way of building and decorating.  It is part of the hobby to figure out what is best for you and the house.  Some areas of houses do need some decorating prior to assembly because they are difficult to reach.  This is why dry fitting of the kit is best before gluing to acknowledge the challenging areas.