madtex1967

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by madtex1967

1. I used real slate shingles on this one of the two.  NEVER AGAIN.  IT was so brittle and hard to cut.  I have broken so many since installing them on the house.  The second house will use fake slate tiles from the UK I can actually cut with scissors!

2. So I am going very dark with this house.  I found one in the Roger Moss book A Century of Color.  I need to upload the inspiration picture.  The trim will be a very dark green and window sashes will be black.

3. I am making the house a Stick Style, so am adding vertical boards on the tower running with the windows.  On either side of the vertical boards will be clapboard. 

Beacon Quick Grip Glue is my best friend at the moment.  It holds the siding and strips in place in very little time.  I can move forward quickly to the next section.

• Like 1
  4. I am making the house a Stick Style, so am adding vertical boards on the tower running with the windows.  On either side of the vertical boards will be clapboard. 

Beacon Quick Grip Glue is my best friend at the moment.  It holds the siding and strips in place in very little time.  I can move forward quickly to the next section.

5. The window was a find on eBay a few years ago. It was from a NAME convention. I have another one in my stash of different colors. The colors in this one were perfect for this project.  Along with the holes in it, so was more fitting for a bit of a shabby witch's cottage.

6. 3 hours ago, sage minis said:

Beautiful stained glass window.

That was a find on eBay a few years ago. It was from a NAME convention. I have another one in my stash. This one had holes in it, so was more fitting for a bit of a shabby witch's cottage.