heather

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About heather

Profile Information

• Interests
    Anything at all to do with miniature houses!!!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    heather
  • Country
    United Kingdom
  1. Hey, Great Job. I just love the mini christmas tree on the front door. It's pictures like this that give me inspiration to get started on my christmas village. Thanks for sharing!!!
  2. Many thanks for sharing these brilliant sites. I've added them to my favourites so that I can look at them tomorrow whilst the kids are at school (in peace and quiet!!!). I'll have to make sure I get a good stock of ink in too
  3. Yep, I'm really glad you managed to work it out. You'll have to be careful when you cut out the pieces though as they tend to splinter really easily, as I found out!!! I hope you have as much fun building yours though as I did. I can't wait to see how you decorate yours either.
  4. Hey, thats great Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!
  5. I know exactly what I'll be doing this christmas. My Christmas Wish has finally come true and I've now got the Greenleaf Village :yay: :w00t: I've been wanting this for the past couple of years and finally "santa" decided to buy me it. I'm gonna decorate it in true christmas style complete with lots of snow and fairy lights. I'm trying to save it to start on christmas day whilst the kids are busy with their christmas presents (I get christmas day off in the kitchen as "santa" likes to make christmas dinner and likes the kitchen all to himself) which means that I'll have the whole day with just me and my village to play with. Now that's what I call Christmas !!! :w00t:
  6. Good Morning Everybody and HAPPY HALLOWEEN I think a round of applause is due to Dean for all the hard work he's put into these competitions. Thank you Dean!!! Hope everyone has a great day :ghost: Heather
  7. Hi Brenda I think she's great!!! Have you got Santa as well? I would like something like her to go in my Orchid house which I'm going to decorate as a Christmas House with christmas lights etc. Just need to find the right accessories first. Heather
  8. heather

1,000 Posts

Congratulations Suzanne You can't help but get carried away on here as everybody's so kind and friendly. Can't wait to see the photos!!! Heather
  9. This would make an excellent first dollshouse for my daughter. Good Luck Everybody. Heather :wub:
  10. Hi Everybody Many thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry it's taken me a while to reply but we've been very busy lately getting ready for winter so I haven't had much time for the internet (we're still working on our house and theres a list of things that need doing before winter gets here). I'm currently living in the Creuse region of France in the Limousin and we're working on our house which is an old stonebuilt house and roughly around 150 years old. It was originally an old two up, two down house with attached barn but the last owners converted them into one large house. After putting in new doors and windows and an upstairs floor, for some reason they stopped work after that and the house hadn't been touched in years. As you can imagine there was a huge amount of work needing doing when we bought the place. Luckily hubby is a builder so was able to do all the remaining conversion work himself including replacing the whole of the roof. Unfortunately with living in a building site there was no way I was going to unpack my beloved houses so they are currently still boxed up and stored in our container. As soon as I'm able to unpack them, which is when the spare room has been finished (I've claimed this room for myself for my hobby room), then I'll take lots of photos for you all to look at. With my model railway houses I have 3 HO Scale and 1 N Scale. The N Scale is great as it's a mansion with swimming pool so I'm looking forward to doing this one. Hubby promised me a swimming pool but I thought he meant full size (maybe one day ). As they're going to be my winter projects I'll try and take some photos over the next couple of days (I snuck them into the house when he wasn't looking ) and will take lots of other photos during construction so that everybody can see how I'm getting on as this will be the first time that I've made a plastic kit, normally I stick to wooden houses. My preference as far as dollshouses goes is for the American back opening houses. I love them and I think they're far more detailed than the English front opening ones. I'm mad about gingerbread trim as well and I like large wraparound porches; one day I hope to own the Garfield which has been my dream for years but I haven't got there yet. One day!!! Gives me something to look forward to and dream about though! My current project before we moved was the Fairfield by Greenleaf which I was in the middle of building so you'll be able to see how I get on with it. I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Sorry to go rattling on but I just get so carried away (hubby says I could talk the back legs off a deaf donkey :lol: ) I look forward to sharing my houses with everyone. Good Luck with the competitions Bye for now :wub: Heather ps. Are there any other members out there living in France? If so it would be great to hear from you.
  11. Congratulations Jackie. It's nice to see somebody so excited. :wub: I know you'll have great fun with this house and it'll give you much happiness over the years as everytime you look at it you'll remember that you won it from Greenleaf and also it'll remind you of all your friends here at the forum. It reminds me of the very first house that I built which was very similar but which is long gone (it had to go to make room for my Bellingham Farmhouse :lol: ) so I feel a touch of nostalgia looking at the photos. Also keep up the good work Dean, its a great way of bringing all the overseas members together though I haven't seen any other members from France as yet but I keep looking! Good Luck everybody else and don't forget to keep posting even when the competitions have finished Heather
  12. Brilliant, made it in time!!! Good Luck Everybody and have a Great Weekend Heather
  13. I don't really mind if I don't win anything, it's just all part of the excitement of taking part and if I do get lucky then thats just an added bonus. Congrats to all the winners and good luck to everybody else. :thumb: ;) Heather