archergirl78

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About archergirl78

Profile Information

• Interests
    Currently building the Harrison, my very first build!

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Kim
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Yes, I knew the sections I planned to stain needed nothing else, but I was concerned about what sort of priming I needed to do for the walls and underside of the floors. It sounds like I need to pick up some Kilz. I did pick up some small sample cans of interior satin-finish paint and I think I've found some papers I want to use. All I need to decide on now is the wood stain for the floors.
  2. I plan to paint and paper inner walls, paint trim, and stain floors. Any recommendations on priming the wood? My greatest fear seems to be the wood warping.
  3. Congratulations on making such a huge step! I wish you much success in your journey.
  4. IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!!! I can't believe it got here so quickly! I ordered it Wednesday, expected delivery was Tuesday, but FedEx rang the doorbell with it this morning! I'm so excited! In keeping with the Cape Cod feel, I started building furniture already from some great tutorials I found online. I did my first sofa with some excess fabric I had and it turned out pretty well for my first attempt. I'm going to spend the afternoon going over the instructions and preparing to dry-fit. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
  5. Holly, that's a great tip about labeling with masking tape! I had planned to write directly on the pieces, but that won't work once they're painted/ papered. Now I know what I'll do.
  6. Holly, that's a good point! The picture caught my attention because of the front tower - it really reminded me of the Harrison tower. I can't wait to start! I found some tutorials on furniture building, so I'm going to do a few pieces this weekend while we're waiting on delivery.
  7. My Harrison shipped sooner than expected, so I should receive it on Tuesday. I am so excited! Question - has anyone ever seen the Harrison as a Cape Cod? My oldest daughter (future owner of this house) has a thing for the Cape Code look, and as I was going through different Harrison pics, I saw the possibilities. I had the Harrison as a very traditional Tudor as a kid, but I'm excited to try something different this time. I was really inspired by the pic I attached. Any thoughts?
  8. This house is so inspiring! I have a Harrison on the way and was planning to do some major bashing on it. The amazing things you have done with this completely original design make my ideas a lot less intimidating!
  9. This is absolutely stunning!
  10. Thanks for the tip! I'm waiting for my Harrison to arrive next week, so I appreciate the heads-up!
  11. I just took the plunge - ordered a Harrison kit today for my oldest daughter. We've been looking at kits for a couple months now, and discovered the Harrison is the dollhouse I had as a kid (tragically lost in a horrible garage sale incident for which I have never forgiven my mother). My oldest informed me it is her "dream house", so away we go! I've been lurking around here for a couple months now, and the camaraderie I've seen is as amazing as the ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS galleries I've seen. Everyone seems to be so helpful, and I've already picked up several great tips (especially about not using hot glue!!). I can't wait to get started when our Harrison arrives next week!