1 Neutral

About eliza

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    Please Select
  1. Are they glasses? Or are they goggles? You shouldn't be having a problem with them fogging up if they are glasses, as there should be plenty of air circulation around them, but if they are googles, you may want to puncture some holes in them for more ventilation, or if they have the plastic vent pieces, just remove them completely or unscrew them as much as possible. In the chemistry labs I teach, the kids try to use the whole "my goggles are all foggy" excuse when I tell them they have to put them on or they can't finish the lab. There's also a special cleaner out there for googles, they keep some in the lab - can't remember the name right now, it's suppose to help with them not fogging so much. In my experience it helps a little, but that would have just been wishful thinking on my part. Check to make sure that your nose/mouth mask is flush with your skin and that there isn't a gap that's allowing your breath to escape directly up to your glasses/eyes - that could also be part of the problem. If there is a gap, try tightening the mask to your face or buying a smaller size. Hope that helps, E
  2. I used polyurethane to seal my stones and grout that I did no my brookwood. So far so good, but I also glued each stone down and then grouted.
  3. I don't know where to buy them, but if you do decide to make some, I have some fantastic, very detailed photos from an old cemetery that I had to take for a school project (I'm a grad student too). If you want to have a look at them, I have a document with details about inscriptions and all sorts of data about each one I photographed and cataloged - just PM me and I'll send you the file.
  4. I might just show it to my dad, and draw him a picture of what I want and hope for the best. He's helped with craft projects in the past (and I think he secretly enjoyed it).
  5. Yeah I think that could be part of it. I didn't even get to a dry fit and I was freaking out. Also not sure how to bash MDF board or whatever that thing is made of and I need to cut door ways and new notches to join my two together.
  6. Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It was really bringing me down. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I will, eventually.
  7. I got my Creatin' Contest kits the other week and I was super excited until I opened up the boxes and then it was just blah. I don't know what happened. I've got an awesome idea for the kits I'm just not motivated to implement it right now. Maybe it's just me being busy with school and come summertime I'll be super excited again and get started on it, but I'm just not sure if that'll happen. I didn't just buy the kits for the contest, the idea I have for them is something I want to do regardless of the contest, I'm just wondering if this is a common occurrence. You see a kit online, your imagination runs wild with ideas for it, it arrives at your house, and you just kind of go "well that's nice...I guess."
  8. Here in the mid-Atlantic it's been a weird winter. Some days it's 50 degrees out and other days it's 28. Some flurries have struck but nothing ever sticks to the road, but of course as a precaution everything must shut down and we all run out for bread, milk, and toilet paper - "just in case". I really wish it would snow, I love it and then I'd have an excuse to stay home and work on my dollhouse all day.
  9. I got some scrapbook stickers the other day that are like mosaic stones that make perfect tiles for dollhouses. I've stored them away with my other dollhouse stuff, otherwise I'd pull them out and get the brand name for you all, but I'm going to use them in my Brookwood's bathroom. I've also got my eye on some Jolee's diploma stickers to eventually put up in the office, I haven't bought them yet. I'm going to have to look into these 3D embellishments. Thanks for the info!
  10. Those mini gardens are so cute! Beautiful inspiration for landscaping my house when I finish the interior.
  11. I was thinking about buying some plain brass chandeliers, and then stringing my own crystals on them to make it more chandelier-like, and then I wouldn't have to worry about the whole wiring mess. Jewelry findings and loose crystal beads aren't too expensive - you can definitely make an impressive chandelier for much less than what some dollhouse ones go for already made. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
  12. I found some great mosaic tile stickers in the scrapbook aisles, that I picked up to use in my dollhouse bathroom, once I finally am able to start decorating my house. I got brown ones but they came in all sorts of colors. Also got some great scrapbooking paper to wallpaper the bathroom (I was apparently thinking a great deal about the bathroom when I was there). I was surprised how much I liked the paper, considering my aversion to wallpapering my house. I also got three hutches, but I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I have an idea for one of them, but the other two still aren't speaking to me. I'd be happy to pick some up for people if they don't have them at their local Michael's.
  13. I'm working on it! See what I did just there.
  14. If you don't get enough gold members to sign up, will you consider a silver member? I'm super responsible, I promise! :yes: