beccas1963

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by beccas1963

1. Nah there wasnt any film on them. So will look for the hammermill ones. Bec
  2. Ok I need to know what transparencies. I picked up some for teh printer from the office supply shop and when I looked at them they were not really see through like they were cloudy. So is there a specific kind? Thanks Bec
  3. Chase does the plastic and well Ruby licks tape, she dont eat it but she sure licks it gets this far off look on her face when she does it lol. Bec
  4. Peachie, Let me add my Happy Anniversary!!!!!! Hugs, Bec
  5. Mel, Just remember us for chat once in a while. And just think chatting with us will give you practice typing :lol: Congrats! Bec
  6. Yes the interior is what intriqued me. cause I love it Bec
  7. What did you use for the inside? Just the top layer? Cause I really like that simple but elegent look. And with my idea for some pillows that might just be the ticket. Bec
  8. Deb, Been looking at your pics. Love them by the way. And I am going to put the seats in Aunt B too Did you make the glass inserts that went in above the windows? They look really cool. Well I went ahead and sanded down the lips or edges and it may look a bit rough right now but I am really liking it. Thanks for the advice ladies! Bec
  9. Ok all, I need some advice. the bay windowarea in the beacon hill aka Aunt B have like a lip on the side walls. Is the bay area supposed to be flush with the walls? I am getting ready to start on decorating and I want to make sure before I sand them flush. Thanks! Bec
  10. Do brothers count? JR helps by ripping my wood and having an extra pair of hands and eyes. He sticks up for me with my family... mom and dad and the rest dont get it. I tried to make him second in command for the houseboat but he refused lol. But he is always there to listen when I do magic words ;) He has even come up with a few. I have gotten up on sleepless nites and he wakes up and comes out too. One time I was just sitting there staring at the item and he got a chair and stared too and then quietly said got an answer yet. It cracked me up so bad I had the giggles for quite sometime. Bec
  11. Well here is my story. Several years ago Monti chose me at the humane shelter. We had a great life together. Then Monti got sick and had to be put down. I was so heartbroken. So very heart broken. Susan at work called me out of the blue and said Bec I am coming to visit you. So she came and in her purse was too baby kittens. She said just hold them for a while they will help you feel better but the kittens had their own design lol. She said why not keep them? I said nooooo no one can replace my Monti. She said ok and went to the bathroom before she left. Didnt think anything of it at the time. I then I kept hearing mewings and finally went and checked and there was Chaser and Ruby Boy was I mad at her but I couldnt fault the kittens. And now they been with me for 5 years and I love them just as much as Monti. Chaser was so named cause he chased anythign and everything. Ruby named cause she was kind of sickly with her heart and when she got tired her eyse turned a Ruby red lol. So that is my story. Bec
  12. Irene, After a little while you will wonder how you lived without your dremel. Congratulations! Bec
  13. I just took a long look at your pictures. I just love them. Thank you for taking so many. Bec
  14. From the album: Beacon Hill

Ok couldnt handle it any more. Had to shorten that window. Still need to do touch up paint.
  15. Aunt B speaks to me but sometimes I am stubborn so then she really lets me know. I thought I heard her say yesterday, "you idiot told you that is what I wanted". And crazy is not a disease it is a way of life for miniaturists that is what I say. Bec
  16. Thanks everyone! Well wasnt satisfied with the longer window so made it shorter. Thanks Mel for being a sounding board And yes Irene I knew I wouldnt be happy with a long window and 4 shorter windows hehehehe. Just had to think and decide. Bec PS Pic is in the gallery.
  17. From the album: Beacon Hill

The window on the left is my prototype. I can see where I wiggled a bit when cutting it out.
  18. Hello all, Took a bit of time off from mini's to clean and organize my house. Well I got an itch to start on the windows in the kitchen of Aunt B. Put a pic in my gallery of my prototype I like it so far now to replicate it Bec
  19. Matte board. Acid free can get it i in white. good and stiff but thin. I use it to line my walls. Maybe about 1/16 thick. and love the house by the way. Bec
  20. Thank you for the archive. I didnt get mine this month. I did check and I am still signed up and I checked my spam folder but nadda so now I can go read and not feel all alone lol Bec
  21. Arda, This wont help but I remember my first psych class in college many moons ago. And he was pretty much the same way. What struck me as funny was remembering that he truely believed that when people flew that they didnt go anywhere. That it was like a big movie set and they just changed scenes and scenery. And that they sort of did mind control on it. And then what a few years ago we had that movie where it was like that lol. My Ex husband and I laughed at that Sorry your first day was frustrating hope it gets better. Bec
  22. From the album: Beacon Hill

The kitchen walls are done
  23. beccas1963

Tiling Done!

From the album: Beacon Hill

WAHOOOOOO!!!! My tiling is done on the template! Personally I love it PS it is just laid in there for now will glue it in in a bit.
  24. Working on my tile for the kitchen. It is really coming out great! Will do pics when I am done Bec