beccas1963

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by beccas1963

1. Ok Update. Aunt B will now be white. THe yellow was just not working. A friend of mine and I figured it out. After painting my houseboat I put the can in the shed then we had a few freezes and thaws. And it became unstable. So primed again and now painting her white. Think she will be happier anyways. Bec
  2. ok thank you all, sorry I paniced. But we are now priming and you know I kind of like the white lol. I did notice when I primed that had a few siding pieces buckle but I fixed them. when we primed the one wall we noticed as we put extra coat on that the dark siding started lookin like the others. And yes will have to lightly sand cause even though we had 2 coats of they yellow on when I put the first coat of primer on it fuzzed up, go figure. Bec
  3. I still have some old movies on vhs cause you cant get them on dvd. But when I rent movies I get dvd. dont get that rewind charge anymore even though I am pretty sure I always rewound. Plus I have a dickens of a time with the video player never could understand that thing. Bec
  4. ok I have my siding on Aunt B. and so far I have put 2 coats of my paint on and it is still not good, my brother said I should have done the primer first so did a friend but they told me after starting to paint, the color is light yellow. Shoud I just do a primer coat over everything? I have some kilz. Please please answer soon lol Bec (who is getting darn frustrated)
  5. From the album: Beacon Hill

Here is a pic of Aunt B with her siding on. Going to paint her yellow.
  6. Yes I am gonig to have an L shaped upper. I started putting the first coat on and it definately will need a second coat lol. And a little brush to get in the corners where the siding meets. Bec
  7. Ok I put up a pic in my gallery. Now it is time to paint Bec
  8. Just go to my website http://www.beccasminis.com/index.htm and on the front page is the library. Bec
  9. I did that for my library room box. And I just love it. And yup it sure was cheaper then some dollhouse papers. http://www.beccasminis.com/ceiling.htm That will show you how I did it never too a pic for after hmmmm.
  10. Looks great! Now you get to do the itty bittys as I call them Keep the pictures coming. Bec
  11. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Aunt B is all sided!!!!! Thank you to everyone who hung in there with me! Bec PS will post a pic tomorrow when the sun is out I hope.
  12. Suzanne, Do you have your beacon pics all together some place? Thanks for the tips on the dormers. Hoping to paint my siding onWednesday then will have to turn my attention to shingles and dormers lol Bec
  13. Jackie, That is what I am going to do with my Aunt B make it an L shaped porch up there and they go in and out from them french doors there. Bec
  14. What did you cut them with? An exacto blade? I am wanting to do tile in my kitchen. Bec
  15. Kat, My goodness those baskets are just wonderful!!! I like the apple basket myself. Is that a braid going through it? Bec
  16. From the album: Beacon Hill

Yes yes yes I made my goal of siding to the tower before I went back to work!!!!!!!!
  17. Thank you everyone for allowing me to show you what I did on my vacation! Alas tomorrow I go back to work But I am here to tell you I have made my goal by getting the siding up to the tower!!!!!! I be so proud. Almost like a new mother lol I think Pic in gallery. What have I learned.... I have learned: 1. Tape get extra cause you will use it. 2. When marking your lines look away once in a while cause they start to look crooked and when you look back they will be straight. 3. Make small goals and celebrate them. I drew smiley faces each time I did a new goal. 4. Have fun! 5. Corner trim will hide the edges. Bec
  18. Katie, No sorries allowed! Your house is looking great! Bec
  19. Gina, You did great!! I love it! I love the whole house. Bec
  20. Hope I am doing this right? http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...p?showentry=584 Now find a peace lily. Bec
  21. When I decided on Aunt B (beacon) I was torn.... I was trying to pick between the Beacon and the Lily. Got the beacon. And I swore that it was my only one till I got a bigger place. Then good ole ernie decided to have another sale :wub: And again I was torn... The Lily kept calling out to me. I told Beach and she said she had one that she would be putting together. Well Ernie, Lily and Beach won out B) Now I thought I had a perfect place for my Lily but alas I mismeasured AGAIN So will have to refigure my living room. But my room boxes can go where The lily was going to go. When I get my place I WILL have a craftroom, oh yeah and a dishwasher. And I will put my houses in my living room. So see if given a chance I can rationalize anything hehehehe Bec
  22. Marlene is it better to keep the shingles in sheets or break them up? Bec
  23. Well I am hoping to paint after the siding is up. BUt I dont know about the shingles hope someone answers us. Bec
  24. From the album: Beacon Hill

You all know things bug me. And I know that there will be a roof over my bay window. But it bugged me to look at a space. So this is how it got fixed. The next pic should show you what it looks like after another piece of siding is put on.