beccas1963

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Posts posted by beccas1963

1. I work till noon today.

Then my brother and I will be having movie day. You know the movies you been meaning to watch but never seem to have time lol. Seems like this is the perfect time JR is out of school for the holidays and we will both be home at the same time.

Tomorrow we will open the presents and just hang out.

Bec

2. Ok I have one for you all,

My husband at the time went with me to look at my truck. Yes I wanted his opinion cause he is good with vehicles. I was asking questions and the guy would look at Cal to answer, Cal kept pointing to me and saying speak to her.

I knew this wasnt going to go well. Well I decided to take it for a test drive. The salesman gave Cal the keys said your wife can sit in front I will be in the back. Cal handed me the keys told the guy she is the one buying it she will test drive it. So fine we test drove it and talk about a back seat driver. I knew I was going to get pissed in the end.

So I like the truck it ran good and I was comfortable in it which is good for a smaller person lol. Went in and the idiot kept talking to Cal and Cal god love him kept saying you need to talk to her she is the one buying. He would for like a second or two then turn back to Cal.

Came time for financing again handed Cal the papers not me. Cal turned them over to me. He ran my credit said oh the little misses credit isnt good enough. Now mind you I work in a bank I know what my credit rating is. And I exploded literally.

I said number 1 you do not ever ever refer to me or any woman as the little misses. Number 2 run that report again I know what my credit is and number 3 I want a new sales person! I got all 3.

The new salesman was respectful and lo and behold my credit was good.

I came to pick up the truck after they did their detailing and stuff the same salesman was there and said out loud that you know I got into trouble because you exploded! I just looked at him and said you had it coming. Dont never ever treat a woman like she is a meek second class person, cause buddy I could wipe the floor with you, yes I was pissed.

Come to find out a few months later he was gone.

So that is my story.

Bec

3. Hello to all,

I am currently working on Aunt B (Beacon Hill) Next is the Lily. I was wondering if out there in the internet world if there are windows already premade for the Lily?

I know a few kits have upgrades, and I am not wanting to have to increase or decrease the current window holes.

Thanks,

Bec

4. Cloudy?? Are you sure they are "transparencies"?? Is there a sheet of film on them to protect them from scratching, perhaps??

Nah there wasnt any film on them. So will look for the hammermill ones.

Bec

5. Ok I need to know what transparencies. I picked up some for teh printer from the office supply shop and when I looked at them they were not really see through like they were cloudy. So is there a specific kind?

Thanks Bec

6. Deb,

Been looking at your pics. Love them by the way.

And I am going to put the seats in Aunt B too :)

Did you make the glass inserts that went in above the windows? They look really cool.

Well I went ahead and sanded down the lips or edges and it may look a bit rough right now but I am really liking it.

Thanks for the advice ladies!

Bec

7. Do brothers count?

JR helps by ripping my wood and having an extra pair of hands and eyes. He sticks up for me with my family... mom and dad and the rest dont get it.

I tried to make him second in command for the houseboat but he refused lol. But he is always there to listen when I do magic words ;) He has even come up with a few.

I have gotten up on sleepless nites and he wakes up and comes out too.

One time I was just sitting there staring at the item and he got a chair and stared too and then quietly said got an answer yet. It cracked me up so bad I had the giggles for quite sometime.

Bec

8. Well here is my story.

Several years ago Monti chose me at the humane shelter. We had a great life together. Then Monti got sick and had to be put down. I was so heartbroken. So very heart broken.

Susan at work called me out of the blue and said Bec I am coming to visit you. So she came and in her purse was too baby kittens. She said just hold them for a while they will help you feel better but the kittens had their own design lol. She said why not keep them? I said nooooo no one can replace my Monti. She said ok and went to the bathroom before she left. Didnt think anything of it at the time. I then I kept hearing mewings and finally went and checked and there was Chaser and Ruby :blink:

Boy was I mad at her but I couldnt fault the kittens. And now they been with me for 5 years and I love them just as much as Monti. Chaser was so named cause he chased anythign and everything. Ruby named cause she was kind of sickly with her heart and when she got tired her eyse turned a Ruby red lol.

So that is my story.

Bec