• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Kina
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

666 profile views
  1. Thanks guys, with a little doing the tape seems to have worked. When I'm done visiting, I will tackle the 2nd piece. I had to resoak the third angular piece (really warped)...I'll tackle that one in a couple of days...in the meantime...I will work on the windows and stairs....Thanks to everyone...sorry about the caps havanaholly!!!
  2. Thanks...I think the hot glue along with tacky glue and tape just might do the trick. And I will look into the angled holders....I'll try and tackle it in the morning and let you know how it went before I make my Christmas rounds. Thanks Again!!!
  3. I used Gorilla Glue because I couldn't find my Tacky Glue...AND OF COURSE...I had to take a couple of pieces apart. I went on the Gorilla Glue website and they pretty much said that I should forget about trying to get the joints apart due to Gorilla Glue's sticking power. However, I rummaged around in the basement and found a can of Odorless Mineral Spirits. I poured that on both sides of the joint and wiped the area down. I waited about 30 seconds then used a paint scraper with a really thin blade (but a small chisel should work too) in the joints. I used a rubber mallet to hit the scraper with. As I loosened an area, I made sure to stick the edge of the scraper in the loosened piece to use a guide to for the next area...it helped me maintain the correct depth and minimize damage. Whooo, Hooo, it worked. I do have some damage to non-glued areas BUT it can easily be fixed with wood filler. It's a little extra work but YOU can remove Gorilla Glue. Needless to say, I found my Aileen's Tacky Glue post haste!!!! Hope this helps someone....
  4. Hi Havana, I'm working on the Rose Marie by Melissa & Doug (formerly The House That Jack Built). Having trouble trying to connect the Bayfront angled pieces. My clamps aren't working right no matter how I position them due to the angle. I tried propping them on books but to no avail and am now at a loss as to how to move on. Part of the problem is a that a couple of pieces are a little warped...I soaked the one with the biggest warping problem and am confident that the rest can be corrected during construction (gluing and nailing)...I just can't figure out how to get the darn things to glue due to the angle! Any suggestions, anyone....please! I'm on vacation and have about 7 more full days to work on getting the shell together... I have a granddaughter due in January and would like to have it assembled so that we can decorate it together as she grows! Thanks in Advance.
  5. I started my Rose Marie this week as I was a little frustrated with the Garfield. Everything is going smoothly with the Rose Marie, though...
  6. Nice! Brookfield Zoo is one of FAVORITE places to visit in the winter.
  7. Hi Rose Ann, I'm new here too and everyone has been welcoming and helpful. My first choice was the Beacon Hill but I was outbid on Ebay, so I got the Fairfield...I'm still in the production stages...getting all the tools, figuring out what goes where, getting frustrated creating templates, deciding on decorating, and wishing I could work on the DH instead of going to work (LOL)!!! Anyway, it has really been relaxing and I've even posted some pics...this forum is great for learning and I am hoping to meet some of the members in April at the miniature shows here in Chicago (I live here). It will be my first time there and I'd like to really thank those who have provided me with some great info!!! Welcome and Happy DH'ing!!!!!
  8. Thank you...I'm headed to Michael's in the A.M.!!!
  9. Welcome! Whenever I get to the storage place, I am going to pull that stuff out. With DHing,though, I think it will be a while!!!!
  10. Beautiful baby boy!!! Glad all went well!
  11. That truly is awful especially since you are giving a little piece of you when you put that much effort into something. I plan on giving the Fairfield to my neice for her 12th Birthday. However, I have given her porcelain dolls and she has never destroyed any of them. My daughters now 21 & 22, also have an abundance of porcelain collectible dolls that have only been out of the package for display purposes only. I was never a kid who "destroyed" items either and I hope I have passed this on... I believe I would ABSOLUTELY have to telll the parents NOT to expect a gift like that again. I have a coworker that I have been discussing DH building with and although she would like to begin this activity with/for her daughter, she worries because she will not have a safe place for it while she is working. I keep wondering, "what about telling the kids, you are not to touch/play with this". I guess that only works sometimes when deailng with curious kids...I'm glad it worked for me. My problem is that my ex-husband gave my daughter's Alison Jr. away!!! I've thought castration might make me feel better (LOL)!!!
  12. Hello All, Pics posted in Gallery...not nearly finished but wanted to post anyway! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5576
  13. kidrumm

Making of the Fairfield

A beginner DH enthusiasts journey to completing the Fairfield