• Days Won

Creamcheese last won the day on September 16 2018

Creamcheese had the most liked content!

414 Excellent

1 Follower

About Creamcheese

Profile Information

• Interests
    I love animals (we've been rescuing Pit Bulls and bully breeds for years, have an art background so do drawing & painting and crafts, enjoy baking all my own breads, love cooking, gardening, music ( Classical & straight-ahead Jazz), am involved in progressive politics, now retired from corporate America! I'm new to miniatures and am really having fun with it. Love the outdoors and was an avid runner, hiker & cyclist before my knees gave out!
    I've always dreamed of building a Victorian dollhouse and last year my husband got me the Garfield kit! I entered the SF 2012 contest last year and built a little Victorian sunroom which gave me lots of courage to begin the Garfield. I had no previous experience so this helped and was so much fun. Now I'm busy working on the Garfield!!!!!! The GL community has been so wonderful and helpful.

Retained

• Member Title
    Creamcheese

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Susan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4,255 profile views
  1. Another view of Peep and my new miniatures.
  2. This is Peep, my rescued paraplegic sweet pigeon who is looking down on my miniature creations. Peep probably was hit by a car or injured somehow. She is unable to fly or walk. She is a very sweet bird. We've had her since 9/4/20. She loves being held and petted. I had to make a miniature birdhouse to celebrate little Peep.
  3. A closer look of the Peep House birdhouse and my flower pot creations. I placed a quarter in the photo for size comparison.
  4. This is a photo of the pie safe with some art supplies in view. It is in the attic Art Studio of my Garfield. You can see the art tote on top.
  5. This photo shows some of my newly created miniatures. The pie safe was originally in walnut but I painted it and added snippets of wallpaper. It will be used for storing additional art supplies in my Garfield Art Studio in the attic. The art tote was a kit and it is in my Victorian Sunroom, on the porch near the easel. The paint cans were originally canned goods that I painted. All the pots have newly created crumpled crepe paper flowers and leaves and are decorating the newly created elevated porch for the sunroom. The birdhouse is a celebration for my real life rescued paraplegic pigeon that we named Peep.
  6. Creamcheese

Susan's Garfield Victorian Dollhouse

Susan's Garfield building progress!
  7. I added a small elevated porch to the back of the Victorian Sunroom. I added 2 small benches near the roof with cushions and pillows and a ladder for access. This also reflects the new 'Peep House' that I made with lots of flower pots and handmade flowers out of crumpled crepe paper. The Peep House birdhouse is for my real life rescued paraplegic pigeon. We saved her 9/4/20. She may have been hit by a car and can not fly or use her little legs. She is the sweetest bird. I wanted to celebrate her by making a birdhouse with her name on it, in miniature! Since in my pretend world, I have an animal rescue and sanctuary, the rescued critters would likely eat all the flowers if they had a chance so thus, the reason for adding on this porch!
  8. Creamcheese

Spring Fling 2012 - Creamcheese

SF2012 - Member Name: Creamcheese aka Susan - Susan's Victorian Sunroom & Greenhouse Garden
  9. If you look closely at the porch near the easel, you will see the art tote box that I just finished making. It was a kit and included various paint cans, brushes, turpentine etc. The paint brushes were created by using toothpicks that were cut in various sizes, then the tip was flattened to mimic brushes by using pliers to press on the edge. Then I applied various colors to the brush handle by using colored markers.
  10. Thank you for taking a peek and for your comments. I'm happy to learn that this helps you in your half scale work too.
  11. Danke! I tried to use all the spaces; it was so much fun to do and I'm happy to learn that I inspired you.
  12. Creamcheese

DHFront.jpg

Thank you, Elsbeth! I love birds and made all but one of the birdhouses. I used one as a sample.
  13. I was not aware that there ever was a window upgrade package available for the Garfield. When I built my Garfield, I decided to change out all of the windows and doors to working ones. I took an inventory, did a lot of measuring and then ordered the windows through miniatures.com. I did have to cut out the openings and make adjustments so that the new working windows would fit. I even added dormer windows in the attic to allow more light in. All the windows/doors came unfinished so I stained them all. Many doors I did make from scratch and pin-hinged them as I could not quite match the doors available at miniature sites that would fit some of the smaller door openings. Many doors, however, I was able to order online and it was all worth the extra effort. If you look at my gallery you can see how I dealt with this. Good luck on your Garfield build. It's truly a wonderful Victorian dollhouse!
  14. Creamcheese

001.jpg

What a beautiful creation. Since the doll museum in Seattle is closed, I wonder what ever happened to this treasure?