Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures, bloodhounds, horses, grandkids

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Country
    United States
  1. I want in on this one, too. Thanks, Doe BOOOooooOOoooo oops sorry.....i didn't check the deadline for sign-up....guess I didn't get here in time.....sorry
  2. :lol: Happy! Happy! Birthday! :o Hope you have a wonderful day! Lub u, Doe
  3. Jamie your jewelry is beautiful!!! Doe
  4. doetexas

MAILED

We are all doing the 'happy dance' around here.....everything is just wonderful !!!! It is so good to know that all our kids and grandkids will be following along in our footsteps with the miniatures. All of the items grown-ups and kids alike sure show a lot of patience and skill. It's just awesome! Peggi, I have to echo everyone else's appreciation for all your hard work and patience in getting all the items sorted and mailed. (hope you managed to get yourself untangled from all the packing tape...LOL...sounds like something I would do) I'm glad your DS and DB are doing better...AND I'm really glad to hear you are taking care of yourself! What kind of log cabin are you working on? My Shenandoah is still waiting patiently for me to finish it. Just haven't felt well enough lately. Bad back hurting and very dizzy lately. Take care, Doe
  5. Peggi, Since I haven't been on in a while I've been catching up on all the news...I hope your sister and brother are doing better now. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family. Brother sounds like a thoughtful person....I bet he feels bad about not being able to go and be with y'all's sister. But it sure isn't something he could help. You take care of your sis and be sure to let us know how things are going when you can. I'll explain what all is going on to my grandkids and they will most likely send good thoughts your way, too. Don't forget to take good care of Peggi, too! Love and best wishes to all, Doe P.S. I hope Missymew is doing better now. Let us know....we all seem to be animal lovers here. ;)
  6. Hi there! I finished putting a Willowcrest together for a gal who didn't have time to finish it. It would be best to put the siding on before the fascia....She had already put the fascia on so I had to put the siding on afterwards and I had a very tough time. I wound up putting the siding on flat with no overlap. It turned out fine, but it sure didn't look like the pictures on the box. Since she had never put a house together she used the hot glue as was recommended....I had to make a LOT of repairs of things that fell off in my hands when I tried to place something else. All in all I basically had to rebuild at least 75% of what she had already done with her hot glue!! Not fun!! The glue I prefer is Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue and only in very rare cases do I use anything else! I have never had a problem with warping due to using Aleene's or white glue of any kind for that matter. But, I use a TON of masking tape to hold everything in place while the glue dries completely. (As a matter of fact I ran into more warpage due to her hot glue.) I use hot glue on other types of crafts, but, I don't get along with hot glue guns very well either so I sure don't use them on my dollhouses. I think you'll find a link to my webshots album below -- there are some pictures of that Willowcrest there if you'd like to see how it came out. Good luck and have fun. doetexas
  7. Well, I'll tell ya --- if worse comes to worse, I'll be the one on the horse! I'm hoping that after my back surgery I'll be able to ride a horse again. (The main thing I'm hoping for after the surgery is that the pain will at least decrease.) Horses can eat the corn just as it comes out of the ground .... corn won't have to go nowhere to get prepared for fuel. :lol: Doe P.S. How come I seem to be the only one who plays around with the font colors and stuff? You guys get to work! hehe ;) j/k
  8. yeah, the kits are cheap -- but the shipping is outrageous .....luckily, I apparently did business with this guy before he got so shoddy. I hate that you are having so many problems with him. If it were me I would just make something work.....kind of improvise. Like when my dog chewed up some of the trim for my grandaughter's Lafayette. Had to get all new plexiglass for the windows, too. Doe P.S. I sure hope to kiss a duck there's nothing wrong with building a house all for yourself! If it wasn't--we'd all be in the looney bin. :lol: ROFL
  9. Count me in for another one! :lol: Grandson wants to participate, too. Member name: doetexas (Doe) Grandson: Matt -- age 10
  10. I have a quick question here just to clarify this for me..... I think I know what you mean by accessories, but-- I would appreciate it if someone would explain to me just exactly what you mean for this. Thanks bunches. Doe
  11. My sentiments exactly, Nutti! Dianneh & Jaimie -- y'all are going to have so much fun! .... and with all the members that have signed up we are going to gets LOADS of goodies! Jaimie -- don't worry about getting dates and things mixed up .... that happens a lot as you get older .... rofl truly the voice of experience speaks here ....
  12. Sign me up for this one! AND .... Believe it or not, I already have an idea!! ;) WOOHOO!! Love you guys. Doe
  13. Hi, I made the mistake of telling my grandaughter about the kids' Mini Swap .... ;) .... soooooo .... Sign her up .... Member name: doetexas Kid's name: Sam age 12 (her name is Samantha, but she prefers Sam)
  14. Hi Y'all, I've been out of town for a week now! But, I'm back and have recieved my pkg of goodies!! They are all so cool....just love each and every one of them. Just wanted to let you know. I had to go to North Dakota and watch my daughter graduate with her Master's Degree in Earth Systems Science. (kinda like environmental stuff and global imaging together) :lol: <---proud mama grin And the we got them all packed up and moved back to Texas!!!! Talk to you later, Doe
  15. Thank you all so very very much! It was a fine day--but even better after I read all your greetings!! Thank you a million times over!! B) Doe