Kat12

Silver Member
  • Last visited

1 Neutral

About Kat12

Profile Information

• Interests
    Writing, crochet, plastic canvas, needle felting, reborning, and now doll houses and miniatures.

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Kathy
  • Country
    Canada
  1. Thanks. I hope I can learn. If not, I can always try to make a spaceship to house my alien babies, lol.
  2. I kept 3 of them; the first one I made (because he was so awful my dog adopted him, lol). The second one I made (because she was the first nice one I made), and a little one that I just couldn't part with. I've sold all the others. In fact, I just sold one on ebay yesterday, a little preemie boy. I want to learn how to sculpt so I can make mini babies for my dollhouse...I only tried it once, several years ago, and ended up with something that looked like a cross between a tiny old man and a baby extra terrestrial, lol. The body and limbs came out nice though, so with practice, I think I'll get the hang of doing the faces.
  3. What a terrific idea; a grown up Harry Potter house! I love Harry Potter; I can't wait to see your house.
  4. Hi Scarlet, I know exactly what you mean. I've been engrossed in the mini world for about a week too, and I'm so thrilled by everything. I LOVE the trash to treasure ideas I've found online, and the little printie pages, and the photos of finished houses. I've even been reading mini mysteries, by Margaret Grace (and loving them!).
  5. Hi, I'm a reborner. I started a few years ago, did lots of dolls, and sold most of them on ebay. About a year ago I discovered two new (to me) crafts, plastic canvas, and needle felting, and put reborning on the backbburner. I only did a few dolls...gifts for my niece. Before Christmas I decided to try my hand at painting hair, and finished a little preemie sculpt. He's been bodiless because I kept putting off sewing a body. I finally gave in and bought one online, lol. I was going to put him together but I ordered a dollhouse last night and spent the whole day obsessing over dollhouses and miniatures, lol. I joined this site, too ;-). Kathy
  6. Kat12

Plastic Canvas doll houses

Dollhouses stitched on plastic canvas. I made the little dollhouse, a carry and play house called "Bear Cottage" to display my little needle felted critters (they tallest is 6 inches). They quickly outgrew it, so I made the bigger, haunted dollhouse (it's 2 feet high). I'm working on a pretty pink dollhouse now...have the interior almost finished, then have to do the exterior and then figure out how it all goes together, lol.
  7. Thanks, everyone. I got an email from the store saying they'll be sending my houses on Monday or Tuesday. I sure hope it's MOnday, lol. If I'm lucky, they'll be here by Friday! Kathy
  8. LOL, that's what I thought too! I almost didn't read the rest of the message because I'm terrifed of spiders. I like mice, and have had various rodents as pets in the past, but I don't like mice nests; bleah! I found one under the hood of my truck last spring and my Dad had to come over and clean it out for me because I wouldn't touch it. I was just afraid there might be dead mice there. I can handle live mice; but dead ones...ewww! LOL. I'm glad you were able to keep the house; what a shame it would have been to have destroyed it. Kathy
  9. Thank you so much, Blue Bear. I love doing plastic canvas. Kathy
  10. Hello, all! I am Kathy (aka Kat12), and I just purchased my first wood dollhouse kit online, last night. I am soooo excited, lol. I am 47, and I have wanted a dollhouse since I was little. I purchased the Laurel and the Primrose addition, and I cannot wait til they get here from Toronto (an 8 hour drive normally...God knows how long with Canada Post, lol). I was not sure what to put down when I joined and the form asked how many dollhouses I have put together. I have never done a wood kit, but I have stitched up 2 plastic canvas dollhouses, and have the third one about 2/3rds complete. The first one I stitched up was a little carry and play two roomer, called "Bear Cottage". The second, The Haunted Dollhouse, is larger, with 6 rooms (3 floors). The third is from a pattern called "My Pink Dollhouse", and it will also have 6 rooms, 3 floors. I completed all of the interior rooms except for the attic floor...I am working on that now. I took a break from the house to stitch some of the furniture that goes with it, and decided that my fridge shelves looked bear. So I googled "how to make miniature food" and found seven billion websites, lol, and lost 3 days immersed in the world of miniatures. I found a Canadian Dollhouse company, located in Toronto, and it was having a sale (woohoo). I feel like a kid at Christmas; this is so exciting. I just wish my little niece Clarissa lived closer than an 8 hour drive, because she would love to do this house up with me. Oh well, my inner child and I will have fun doing it ourselves . I am looking forward to becoming a part of this group. Take care, Kathy (PS: why can't I write the short forms I words like I am: I'm, without getting that weird line in between, lol?) Here are some photos: