ManateeDream

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About ManateeDream

Profile Information

• Interests
    Video games, reading, movies, hiking, camping, miniatures (Big re-ment fan!)

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Patrick
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

393 profile views
  1. I popped out a bunch of pieces and it seems okay, but I really want to avoid warping. Do you think I can spackle it and then sand, then paint?
  2. Hey guys, sorry for a repeat issue if it is one. I'm at my Grandparents for a month and I decided to build an old dollhouse in the garage, I found out today it is a Greenleaf Westville, from around the mid 1980's. It's been perfectly stored flat in first a Phoenix garage for 10 years, then another 15 or so in a Fresno garage. (The directions say to use hot glue in its construction...I know this is bad. lol.) My main concern is, should I be worried about using such an old kit? Will the wood accept paint or should I just abandon it?
  3. That is an incredible floor, its amazing what a little stamping did to make it look realistic! I would love to see it in the finished room.
  4. That beach house is absolutely adorable. I love the texturing on the walls and the bits of sand on the awning!
  5. Got it off. After I stain the floors I'll post pics.
  6. That elmer glue is exactly what I have right now, I think I'll do the sanding, then apply the elmer glue, then sand and then stain!
  7. That is PERFECT. I never would have guessed about keeping the sawdust, but that makes perfect sense! The gaps didn't bother me, personally, reminded me of an older house. But it will look better slightly filled in. Will start the sanding tomorrow! Thank you!
  8. Hello! I am wrapping up my first dollhouse build, and it's pretty rudimentary. I caved on the flooring and decided to go with Skinny Sticks because it was the cheapest alternative (instead of scoring the floor, which I didn't care for. Not 3D enough if that makes sense.) My question to you is, how should I go about finishing it? Lots of gaps in between, and my Dad recommended putting wood filler between them all, then sanding it all down until it's all perfectly smooth, then staining it. I wanted to know if anyone else had done something similar before?
  9. How do you get rid of the stuff at the edge? I overcut the wallpaper (I will NEVER do that again, omg the irritation at trying to slice it off!) and I can't get it off.
  10. I'm about to go down to my grandparents to help out around the house for a month and a half and they are going to give me a dollhouse kit that has been there for god knows how long. Thank you for posting the topics on how to fix warp, since I'm positive that's all thats going to happen once I open the mystery box!!
  11. I'm still on mine, But I'm trying to get all the construction out of the way first, then I can focus on whatever's left over after word, being the interior furniture. I'm just trying to work up enough money to buy lights and finish the baseboard then I can shove the house in the corner and buy nice furniture once a paycheck for the next few years until it's perfect!
  12. Obviously you already got your answer, but I just finished shingling my first dollhouse ever and I did the starter row for a fishscale house upside down and did the rest normal over it. Looks perfectly fine! (Now I just need to get the hot glue out of all the cracks.)
  13. He's adorable! I was thinking he would be like some little clay statue, but he actually is like an actual doll! That's so cute! You should make a mini Final Fantasy room that he can live in!
  14. GASP, I know it's off topic but I would like to see!
  15. That was quick! I'll make the appropriate recommendation then! Thank you! And thank Amano for his Moogle design