Blondie

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Blondie

1. Coming along nicely! :)
  2. I find I get very confused by the directions because I'm SO much more of a visual person! I understand the HUH? completely!! You're in good company. I also have a lot of construction photos if you want to peek around. This doesn't mean I did any of it correctly though. I find piecing the parts together a few different ways helps me more than trying to read the instructions. ;)
  3. Oopsie! Sorry about that! But you still knew the answer, Brae, so that's all that matters.
  4. I have used regular white paint for ceilings and regular white paper and "ceiling paper" from dollhouse vendors. Any kind of ceiling you want, you can do.
  5. Actually, yes! Brae shows exactly how to do it here: http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/flipping-the-opening-direction-on-a-houseworks-door
  6. Ooh, Gina! I'm going to need to see that Beacon setup!! Even with plexi or something covering one side, the dollhouse will still get dusty -- it's just part of the game. I use Viva paper towels, which are really soft and gentle yet super strong. I fold one up and wipe it along the house wherever I'm trying to dust -- no cleaning liquids or sprays, just the paper towel. I did this a few days ago to the roof of my TeenieTow build. I've also read that using makeup brushes works really well for rooms and delicate minis -- like a blush brush. Which reminds me I need to buy some. :lol:
  7. This project is super exciting. I'm really enjoying watching you! :bounce:
  8. Blondie

VineyardRoombox-1

Ooh yes, I love this, too!
  9. Oh, Selkie!! I'm LOVING this!!!! I prefer the doll in the green apron, but that's just me. I also like the idea of shimming the bookshelves so that they're slightly less tippy, but still tippy. Personally, I'd just glue everything to the shelves and then nothing would fall over. ;) I think the charm of the house is fantastic, and I love the whole thing. WHEE! :jump1:
  10. It's going to be so fantastic!!!!!!!!! :bounce8:
  11. When I last left off, I was getting ready to work on the "top hat." Of course, then I packed up everything so I could move, so now I'm wondering if I'll be able to locate all of the different pieces of it. :lol: I'll have to start digging around soon.
  12. The BH is a tricky beast. But you can do it, I promise!!!!!!!! :jump:
  13. It looks faboosh! My BH is teal, red, and a light blue, so I'm loving your colors. :)
  14. Blondie

Chimney

Fantastic work!!
  15. Blondie

Kitchen

I don't see any mistakes at all. It's beautiful.
  16. I haven't given up on my Beacon Hill, even though it might seem like it! I plan to finish painting the outside and then go back to working on one room at a time, which keeps me from getting overwhelmed by the scale of the project. ;)
  17. I think it's fine to change, grow, and find ways to absorb costs. We can certainly budget in shingles and siding on our own. Thank you for asking for our opinions and for being a great company! While I'm sharing, I'd really like it if you listed how many "packs" of speed shingles you need for each house on your company site. Right now, the amount of shingle bags is listed for a kit, say the Beacon Hill, but I wouldn't be sure how many sets of speed shingles I might need. I LOVE your speed shingles, so I'm addicted. :wub:
  18. Dalesq's suggestion of using E6000 for the speed shingles worked like a dream!! I also got a dovecote so Ollie can help take care of other birdies. Hahaha!! New pix: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=108756
  19. Blondie

Tudor Cottage

It looks SO real!