• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Beth
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

753 profile views
  1. Here are my yo-yo's ready to sew together. I'm not great at sewing so this may take awhile! Kathie, how did you sew yours together? Does anyone else that was making one of these have a finished picture to share?
  2. Thanks Kathie...it's good to be back! Your cottage is wonderful, I love it. The yo-yo quilt looks wonderful. My yo-yos are about a half inch also so they should work out too. What a great idea to use turned back covers...I would never have guessed you didn't have enough yo-yos for a full cover!!
  3. Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I was last here. I haven't worked on minis in a few years but I am finally back to it! I just started working on a yo-yo quilt and remembered I had seen a topic regarding this on the forum here. Has anyone finished one of these quilts? I'm wondering how everyone's yo-yos look. Here's a picture of one of mine. Is the size to big? It's good to be back to working on miniatures!!
  4. I have dry fitted it several times. I was just looking to see if anyone else has used the tapewire and if they had any helpful tips. Thanks fov...I'm going to check that out now. Thank you fov...that was very helpful. I also read your post on the furniture. I, too, blocked out the door in the kitchen to make more wall space! I then checked out the gallery...your Fairfield is wonderful. I saw several others that other members have done...what a talented and creative group! Thank you again!
  5. Good morning everyone! It's been quite awhile since I've been here. I had picked up a little Fairfield and had started rehabbing it a few years ago. Real life got in the way and it's been way too long since I've worked on it. I recently pulled it back out and am now starting to work on it again. My question is this: has anyone who has made the Fairfield used tapewire, and if so, how did you figure it all out? I'm afraid if I put the Fairfield together there will be areas I won't be able to get my hands into to put the tapewire, let alone wallpaper. Any advice would be so appreciated.
  6. Oh, they came out wonderful! I definitely need to try one (or two!!). They are adorable . . . I love them! You did a great job on them.
  7. dollhousebeth

Mack

Thank you! I think I'm going to give him a try. What type of material did you use - felt?
  8. dollhousebeth

Mack

He is adorable! I can't wait to see him finished. Can I ask where you found a pattern, or did you make your own? I am making a "mouse" house and would love to try making something like this.
  9. His facial expressions are more like Timmy too! Enjoy the puppy breath and puppy snuggles!
  10. All three are absolutely adorable! I see they are NCIS fans!
  11. I was at my favorite miniature shop this past weekend and asked them about the moveable glue. They were the ones that had told me it wasn't going to be made anymore. Apparently, whoever makes it changed their minds and it is still being made. I paid $7.95 for the bottle I have. Have you tried it yet Kathie?
  12. I use this removeable glue for my miniature lamp making where I want to be able to remove a glass globe if the light bulb burns out. Yes, it really does work! Kathie, yes, the little bottle does go a long way. I've had mine for over a year, probably a year and a half, and it is still as good as the day I bought it. I was told it was no longer being made and thought at the time yeah, that would figure, somethings works this good and they're not going to make it anymore!
  13. Trying to figure out angles makes my eyes roll around in my head, so this tool was definitely an item I needed!!
  14. Jody sent me the instructions and I received them today. I cannot thank her enough. There is no way I could do this kit without the instructions!! I checked the parts in the box against the instruction sheet, and fortunately, all the parts are there. Jody, thank you again for taking the time to copy and mail the instructions to me!
  15. Been there, done that too Holly!! Tracy, you're going to love it! Anna, I think places like Home Depot, Lowes, and Valu have them. Like Holly said, check your local hardware store. Glad to have been able to share! It's also nice to know I'm not the only one out there who was having trouble figuring out odd angles!