Broccolianddip

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Broccolianddip last won the day on July 22 2012

Broccolianddip had the most liked content!

22 Excellent

About Broccolianddip

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://mamasminis.wordpress.com

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Rebecca
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1,972 profile views
  1. This album is to share my Undersized Urbanite Dollhouse contest entry. The house has no name, lol. It is quarter inch scale and made from a kit I purchased on eBay and bashed a bit. :)
  2. Hi! I am not a new member, :lol: , but I wasn't sure if anyone would remember me, so rather than jumping right in to posts and etc, I decided to reintroduce myself! My name is Rebecca and I am a miniaturist-aholic.I orginally joined this site a year ago, when I started building my Orchid kit, and I haven't visited Greenleaf since November. My last status update, was that we would be moving to my MILs for a period of up to 4 weeks, or longer, while we waited to buy our own house, and I wouldn't be able to work on my dollhouse . We did end up buying our first house! (Well, condo, still my house, lol.) We were at my MILs for 2 weeks, where I did no mini-ing what-so-ever.Then we moved, and the usual chaos ensued. After all of that, I devoted my time to the Undersized Urbanite Dollhouse contest hosted by Little Victorian. My entry was the 1/4" scale house, by Mama's Mini's. (That's my blog where I have been updating regularily on all sorts of mini things, mostly the Undersized contest lately though.) Now that I am finished with that, I am finding myself at a loss for what to do! My Orchid is still in storage at my MILs. I am waiting for DH to hang up some shelves in my craft room so I can have the space to bring it here, but I'm starting to get anxious, especially now that I don't have my contest entry to work on! I'm not sure what my next project is, I was considering the Spring Fling 2013, but that was before I finished the other contest, now I'm not sure I have the stamina or inspiration to complete two contests in a year...but who knows! Some of you do, so I must have it in me somewhere! And that kit looks pretty tempting! :lol: I'm looking forward to jumping back into conversations, and especially creeping the gallery for inspiration! I really missed all of you mini loving people these past few months!! :wub:
  3. Broccolianddip

Random DH stuff

This is just for the random stuff.
  4. Hey everyone! Sooo excitinggg news, M.E.T will be hosting their 36th annual miniatures show October 12-13, downtown Toronto. Here is a link; http://met.miniature.net/met_show_current.html I am obviously going, and I've been surveying my family and friends to see who would br an appropriate "mini" friend for the day -- because clearly I will be sidetracked and I want to make sure no one will hold me back! -- but no one is really seeming up to the task. I fear everyone will be bored and looking for the exit as I am just getting into the whole treasure hunt. I'm almost considering just taking, myself, my 8 month old, and my baby wrap....this way my only interruptions might be the odd diaper and feeding. Now that I am finished rambling about my plans to go.... Will anyone else be attending this show?? I would love to meet anyone (and everyone!!) who might be there from the Greenleaf forum.
  5. Broccolianddip

Orchid Build

This album is to document my progress though my first build of the Orchid kit. :)
  6. Thanks everyone! I am not sure what the excitement is behind the cover to cover reproductions of books, besides the fact that they are cute!! The ones I saw that made me wonder about copyright infingements were the new (smuck-ish) book "Fifty Shades of Grey" and I also saw a full set of Beatrix Potter books. I also remember hearing someone saying something about a Miniature Book Society, members I am sure would be interested in these types of things, but I still don't get the whole copyright issue -- unless author/publisher is contacted? hmm I feel like I have read somewhere regarding images that it is not copyright infringement if it is below a certain resolution (in digital cases). It's not a big deal anyways, I was just curious to know, I am not planning on making/selling. I am a pre-law student and my mind always wanders to these types of things ;) And that is exactly the image I had in my head of the lite brites! thanks Mike! Pictures to come today, children permitting!
  7. It's been a while since I've been on Greenleaf! I blame the summer months, also the fact that I've actually been building lol. You know, that thing I thought I would never get to do with the Orchid. I have had many questions pop into my head over the past month (?) or so since I have bugged you all last. Since I'm finding myself with a little "free" time right now I thought I'd shoot them out and see what I can add to my mini-knowledge! 1. Lite Brite peices: I know I saw somewhere a good use for these, and I thought I'd thrown out my bag of them stashed from childhood. Then I found it, but I can't remember what I can make with them now...was it just bottles and kitchen cleaners? What do you stash these random objects for? 2. Mini books and copyright: I've been making my own mini books by scanning or printing from online resources. As I assemble, and see all the beautiful (sometimes cover to cover replications) across the internet, I can't help but wonder what this means for the copyright laws. How are people able to reproduce and sell someone else's complete works? Is it because it is mini? I know when we make them to not sell it is more than likely ok, since personal use usually makes everything ok. lol. But what about those people who are making and selling them? How do they do this? I'm sure I could spend hours researching this myself online, but I figured I'd ask all the experts first before putting too much effort into it If anyone is curious to know what I've been up to the past however long it's been since I've posted anything here, you can stop by my blog http://mamasminis.wordpress.com. I usually update there a few times a week if I can. There are pictures too, of course! I'll update some here to my Orchid album if I can find the time! Hope everyone is well!
  8. I use the littlest pet shop Blythe dolls (very inexpensive) along with my one special BJD. Pictures of them are on my blog here, I think these would be very cute! I might have to go searching for some more new friends now!! :D
  9. There is one at the Model Builders Supply Warehouse by my house. They are currently clearing out their DH stuff and its all 40%. I believe that it was ticketed at $90, so I assume it is "working" in all respects. I really really wish I had paid more attention to the box....because of course now the time has finally come where is it important. (I look at it every time I'm there and always think how NEAT and horribly expensive it is). I'd be happy to check in/sneak a picture for you next week....if a mini fan is still in your plans!
  10. Beautiful! I agree with Holly, it looks so romantic with the soft colouring. Landscaping, also to die for. I want to move in there! oh and I only looked at one picture before I had to squeal.....off to drool over the others now!
  11. Thank you! Furniture was one of the reasons I added the other two rooms! Especially the kitchen needed more space since I hope for it to be a modern home, so it needs a stove and fridge at least! Also, we don't have any space in our apartment for a bigger dollhouse so I had to make sure I had a big enough house to shove all my minis in it. I have also talked about bashing out the other side down the road if I really feel I need a bigger house. lol. The poor Orchid didn't cut it for me.
  12. I agree! I like the siding ones as well. If you are planning on running them vertically? If you were running I think the smaller ones in strips lengthwise would look good, because then there could be more room for variation in the length and it looks to scale for 1/2"
  13. What kind of grass is this? (before I start googling "dollhouse grass" all night, LOL) I LOVE it!
  14. I can only hope my stone work tuns out as beautiful as yours! I <3 this house!!! :)