About EAB

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Elizabeth Boyette
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you, Yvette. This is really adorable.
  2. I can't find any Beatrix Potter miniatures on this site. I even did a search, and nothing came up. What am I doing wrong?
  3. Tracy, this is just beautiful! I agree with Holly about the color scheme, and I love the vine.
  4. Hitty dolls are usually a little larger than 1/12. My Hitty is 6 1/2" tall. It isn't that hard to find furniture for her, though, because Hitty is so popular, and people make things just for her. Besides, having the scale a little off goes with her being a rustic, hand-made doll. Ebay has some nice things, and Gail Wilson designs does stuff just for Hitty (including Hitty dolls).
  5. Count me among the fans. This is just wonderful.
  6. Rachel-beth, are all the trimmings attached to the front already? If the piece is still undecorated and flat, you could probably dampen it, put it between towels, and press it under weights (like heavy books) until it levels out. That's the only thing I can think of, but there are many more experienced folks around here who know much more than I.
  7. It's almost July and my fling is still in the box. I'm not sure I will get to it in time. I have begun a massive house clean-up, including going through all the closets and every drawer in my house, and now that I'm in the middle of it, I can't quit. Things are sorted in to piles all over my house, and I have visions of just hiring a fork lift. I know it will be soooo much better when it's done, but it will take weeks, yet. Poor little fling. I love you, but I just can't get to you.
  8. This is a wonderful fairytale castle! It has all the grandeur and mystery needed for Beauty and the Beast.
  9. EAB

Front Angle Almost doneWEB

This is just an absolutely gorgeous house. I want to live here.
  10. Jo, that looks wonderful! These teaser pictures are making me so eager to see what everyone's doing.
  11. Love your Sunshine Manor, Daylily, and I want to see pictures, too. By the way, I'm working on a Duracraft gazebo that I'm turning into a fairy house, and I'm not using the front steps. If you would like for me to punch them out and send them to you, I will be glad to. The risers are 2 1/16" high without the top step, and the steps are 4" wide. If they will fit, they're yours if you want them.
  12. I'm going to be a late flinger, for sure. I haven't even finished the project I have to finish before I start flinging. I did work on it today, though.
  13. Brandaen, I'm glad you've decided to keep on with your minis and to take your trip. You will love New Orleans, especially the French Quarter. It may give you some ideas for future projects. Have a lovely time and try not to worry. Lose yourself in the beauty around you, refresh and come back ready to tackle whatever the future holds. You sound like a fighter to me. You and your partner are in my prayers.
  14. When my son was in cub scouts, one of the boys in his troop called the Department of Health, Education and Welfare and reported his parents for being abusive to him. They had told him he couldn't watch television until he had finished his homework. HEW actually investigated this couple, and checked on them for months ("monitoring the situation").
  15. There is a really nice dollhouse store here in NYC, and I think they had a great idea. They actually set up a dollhouse for kids to play with, and the kids seemed to have such a good time with it that they didn't bother any of the display houses.