About the_chrome_kamuro

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Deb
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

381 profile views
  1. Oh, Bea, you have my heartfelt condolences. My furry babies are every bit as precious to me as my biological babies. I know the pain you're going through right now, thank God time helps the pain to ease, even if it's never completely forgotten. Do take care. *hugs*
  2. That is VERY interesting, Pam. Has anybody here ever made some? I wonder how rigid it is, and if it can be carved?
  3. Welcome from a fellow 51-year old, Leonie! I'm a newbie like you, and preparing to build my first dollhouse (from scratch...yikes!). Are you building the traditional 1:12 scale or 1:6? *looks hopeful* B) I'm looking forward to seeing your progress added to the gallery!
  4. It's uncanny how much this looks like a full-size house under construction. It's hard to wrap my head around.
  5. This made me LOL! Keep up the good work, Kelly. I cannot keep a secret either.
  6. Welcome, Anna from another newbie. I haven't started building my first yet (I think I'm scared) but I am loving looking at everybody elses efforts. Thanks in advance for sharing!
  7. HOLY.CRAP. :Jumpy: Deb's Japanese house is exquisite.
  8. @Kathie - We may have only just met, but you got me pegged. ;) They always say 'Do what you know', right? This is my house: http://www.postandbeam.com/plan/136/ (not actually this house, but we bought/built this package/design) So I guess that's why I'm drawn so strongly to contemporary designs. The house I posted as my inspiration house in the new members thread was MY first choice, but DH (I'm learning your lingo, guys!!) won out with the Habitat. @Ziba - That house is in-freaking-credible!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard, and racking my brain trying to figure out how to incorporate some of its elements into my dollhouse plans.
  9. I need to find a shrink-ray so I can live in your house when it's finished, Mike. I'm just sayin'.
  10. Welcome, Staci! Since I'm a newbie myself I'm not in a position to advise, but I love your idea and can't wait to see in progress pix!
  11. Wow Ziba, you were one lucky little girl. Those houses and that FURNITURE!! Your Dad was quite an artisan. That house on the right is incredible!! Are you saying your family lives there? COOL! That's what I want my new dollhouse to become. Thanks so much for sharing. :wub:
  12. Honest to God/Goddess, guys, I really learn something of value every day here. Veneer = skin. Got it!! In fact, I have an abandoned trailer on my property that has those kinds of doors, and luckily the roof hasn't started leaking (yet). I'm going to brave the paper wasp population this evening and see what I can scavenge. I don't know what I ever did without you all! *big ole group hugs all around*
  13. "And I have to wonder, is it just me? Why does Super Glue never stick to anything but my fingers???? Is Super Glue an inside joke, where the manufacturer sits and giggles at all the fools who buy it?" You poor dear! I'm sorry to say this made me LOL. I find myself in this same discouraging boat all too frequently. Having a day that my Papa-in-Law (may God rest his soul) would claim that everything he touched turned to...well, you get the idea. ;) But just as quickly you'll have one of those days where you're golden! And everything just clicks. Hang in there, your day is coming. *hugs*