• Last visited

0 Neutral

About hippychicky

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    leonie
  • Country
    Australia
  1. Hi..I am attempting to do an Elizabethan pub..I was wondering whether it is better to stucco the walls and ceiling first and then attach the wooden beams..or attach beams first..my main concern is that with the rough texture on the walls the beams will not attach properly...but if I attach beams first will make doing the stucco effect alot more fiddly and time consuming..has anyone done this and can offer advice?...thanks in advance
  2. Hi again..I am doing an Elizabethan pub but it is not from a kit..I bought a dollshouse shop from a miniature fair i attended...its kind of a one off but because its got such a large 1/2 circular window at the front of it..I thought i would put some beams in and the leaded look...I thought this would be a good way to start as the stucco walls, and heavy beams can be a bit rough as they were in the original buildings haha...hopefully this will hide a few of the many mistakes i will make along the way..but thought it would be a great way to learn..am also attempting to make all the furniture myself as well...so wish me luck
  3. Hi everyone..my name is Leonie ..I am 51 and just starting my first project though I have admired dollhouses for as long as I can remember..I am starting with an Elizabethan Pub and look forward to working on it...hoping to make lots of new friends, get lots of advice and chat with like minded people....thanks for having me here...bye for now