• Last visited

1 Neutral

About savagedolls

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.savagedolls.deviantart.com/

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dolls, BJDs, 35mm/analog film, toy photography, reading, Indie music, coffee & chocolate ;-)

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Jack
  • Country
    United States
  1. I actually HIGHLY recommend Sculpty or Polymere for miniiature props. I wish I had some Sculpty left over to make some food with ^_^;; It's very durable, actually; and you can add more clay onto your project after it's been cooked, too, and just re-cook it. I like Sculpty because you can paint it with acrylic paints and it gets really pretty. I hyad a red apple I made for a friends' doll a looong time ago, it was cute! I plan on getting into props some more, too, once I make my air-dry porcelain. Vases and foods and pots....Very excited! In other exciting news....Today, I got 2 packages delivered! Getting closer to having more things for a dolly house! I got a BEAUTIFUL coffee table and a little sitting bench/porch bench! Oh and some cute blankets and pillows :-)
  2. Oh yes, I have made a few Sculpty dolls but because of the tension of the strings, they end up breaking. I like the idea of porcelain BJDs and then adding some hot glue around the joints. I think that'll help them to not chip :-)
  3. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much to EVERYONE who commented so far! You are all so lovely! :-D I have half the mind to start making my own BJDs, actually! I found a reciepe for cold-drying porcelain, which air-dries and requires very simple ingrediants..... I wanted to start making my OWN dolls because there are so many creatures I'd like to add to my dollhouse! One of my dolls, Sawyer, is in a wheelchair and finding a poseable helper dog is really hard, so I think I'm going to make my own German Shepard soon. I see that there is a "Other Hobby" section on this forum which is GREAT! Once I can find my soap glycerin, I'll make my porcelain and maybe I'll just have to make a post to show off my progress ;) In other great hobby news, my dollhouse things shipped today and they shipped first class!! OMG YAY!! I'm SO HAPPY! We're having a doll meet-up at my house very soon so I can't wait to show off my supplies to my good doll friends soon! And today I got the tinest little lamp!! Haha! It lights, too!! SMALL PLUG IN IS SOOO SMALL!! Oh gosh! It's a desk lamp and it's a 1920's Deco-style lamp, the ones with the green shade on it, just like you see in the D*ck (I'm sorry, they've edited his name, but you all know who he is!)Tracey movies!! I carried my lamp with me everywhere. It came to Starbucks with me (LOL! ) , and I showed the lamp to my best friend/barista, too! LOL! You'd never guess that I like tiny things, noooooo ;) (I myself am 6 feet tall, haha. My wife is 4 foot 5!! heehee.) Anyway, thank you soooo much to everyone for the nice comments and for being really great!! I'm going to love it here at this Forum!
  4. Hiya. I'm really new to dollhouses still, I have only been photographing them for a year and a half, so I still have the "honey moon" phase thing going on! :-) I'm Jack and I am 26 years old. I collect BJD (ball-jointed dolls,) so that's kinda how this interest of mine peaked! Last August, I found a Fisher Price toddler's plastic dollshouse in the trash. It seemed lonely, so I humored my wife & we brought it home & rinsed it off. Ironicly, a bjd we had then was just small enough to move into her home. Since then, I've given my Fisher Price home away, purchased a 'Calico Critter' town house, furnished it, and now I've purchased my first DIY lightbox house & furnishing, wallpapers, etc., for my 1/6 dolls. I am super happy with the idea of starting from scratch and, I keep checking my Amazon order status with high hopes that my lightbox is shipping to me soon :-D Oh, I put some of the photos I took into my post - is that okay? You can see that I enjoy small-scale toy photography in general; but notice also the doll. She's a BJD. So she's a ball jointed doll. I know that sometimes,people aren't sure what exactly it is that I'm talking about LOL! :-) Is it common for dollhouse hobbyists to take photographs of dolls and toys in their doll houses? I feel like maybe I'm weird... Either way, I am stoaked to be here and hopefully, my new lightbox & furniture will be here soon :-D