• Content count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

4282 Excellent

About Dalesq

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Northern California
  • Interests Miniatures, scale model building and design, reading, mixed media, jewelry making, gardening

Contact Methods

• Yahoo dalminis@att.net

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debora
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

13399 profile views
  1. Birds on a Branch - 2 hours

I love this pattern!
  2. I love it! Great job! 
  3. Ensemble Built.jpeg

Nicely done!
  4. Amazing model horse book

Congratulations! Great Sleuthing!
  5. SmallRug.jpg

I’m always impressed by these needlework...and in half scale at that!
  6. Kitchen with lights

It’s lovely!
  7. Curiosity about 1/2" scale

Love the color!
  8. I mix small batches at a time using disposable plastic cups (ie, condiment containers).  
  9. I’ve used this product (Envirotex Lite Pour-On High Gloss Epoxy for Sealing Bottlecaps 4 oz) for water in the ponds and fishbowls I’ve made https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0058DVYHC/?coliid=I35103D7GAGB2P&colid=UHIHH79IDJDN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it The problem is removing bubbles, although you may not care about that in a water cooler. For fish, I made them from polymer clay. I mixed clay colors to get orange and white fish and used translucent clay in the mix to get filmy fins.  
  10. 1:24 scale Poldark manor house arrived!

So fun  
  11. Commode chair

From the album A Hermitage

For my birthday Kelly (Kellyannmo) sent me this cute chair kit with one of her custom handmade pop up cards. Besides being a talented miniaturist, Kelly designs and makes these custom cards. You can find them in her Etsy shop FatCatDesigns.   Of course, I had to change the chair from a plant chair to a commode chair for the Hermitage. I'd originally planned to convert the French Cottage chair but it was too tall for the space. The chamber pot (which I had on the washstand shelf) fits perfectly under this chair and it’s lid fits perfectly through the hole in the seat.  

© DAL Minis

12. Chair kit

From the album A Hermitage

For my birthday Kelly (Kellyannmo) sent me this cute chair kit with one of her custom handmade pop up cards. Besides being a talented miniaturist, Kelly designs and makes these custom cards. You can find them in her Etsy shop FatCatDesigns.

© DAL Minis

13. Apple Pie

Nice work!
  14. Ivy Hollow Rural Free Delivery Post Office

I like the open blogging about the build. Love this idea too  
  15. Making 1:24 scale wallpaper

I use TouchDraw on my iPad, which works a lot like the (old) Adobe Illustrator. I use different papers for different effects, but generally I use a good quality light card stock. I let it sit for 24 hours and then spray it with a mat sealer, letting it sit another 24 hours to dry before using the paper. I always make several more sheets than I think I will need because something always goes wrong at some point.  It’s a slow process, but I’ve been happy with the results and have not experienced any fading.