• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debora
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

8766 profile views
  1. Manor house overall shot

Beautiful work! It's really coming along. I keep marveling that this is 1:6 scale...so much larger than the 1:24 I'm used too.
  2. BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg

Love the tile!
  3. BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

Just lovely! Well done! 
  4. Secretary

Nice repurpose idea  
  5. Baking table

Looks great! :)
  6. Bargello II

Very nice! I like the new colors!  
  7. August Online Mini Show

I'm not affiliated with the organization for the online show...I just wanted to let GL members know it was starting. I've been a customer and haven't had any issues with any of the vendors I purchased from via the show in the past. I suggest you contact the organizer if you are still having problems accessing the site if you paid early-bird. I understand they may have been having some problems with the site earlier today. Tomorrow the site should become available for the general public to access and see alll the dealers and their wares. I hope this helps.
  8. For those interested, the August online mini show starts today with early-bird sign in (see the site about becoming an early bird). It opens to the public tomorrow, and runs through Sunday, August 13th.  The online shows are four times per year. I've gotten some great deals at the shows, so I always find they are worth the look. Besides, it's another excuse to browse minis! http://aminiminiatureshow.weebly.com/
  9. Adding patina to fake copper?

Me too! i think I've seen it at Beverley's.
  10. Circle library completed

It looks great! Bravo!
  11. Id needed, if you can please

Greenleaf Coventry Cottage.  
  12. Guess I'm diving in headfirst...

Welcome to the forum   You'll do fine. As the others have said, ask whatever questions you have, someone or many someones here will have answers for you. You'll find your BJD skills will aid you in minis. Try not to worry about "messing it up." I found that fear of messing up would make me stall and become frustrated. Don't fret about it. Most mistakes can be fixed, and besides...once you've been bitten by the dollhouse building bug there is always the next house...and the next...and (you get the picture)! Most importantly, have fun! Enjoy the process, and the adventure! 
  13. Mini Towels

I've used paper towels. I separated the ply and cut pieces and folded them. I used a tiny dot of glue to maintain the folded shape.
  14. Foundation secured

Good to know I'm not the only one who uses unconventional tools!  
  15. Identity crisis

I listen to the house because it always wins. Always! There is just no use fighting it. They know what they want and it's our job, no, our duty, to give it to them. I've found that the times I've tried to impose my ideas on the house, everything stalls, or there are mistakes and problems in the build. I discovered it's just more peaceful and enjoyable to let the house have its way. I say all this tongue-in-cheek, but really do mean it too.