• Content count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

4326 Excellent

About Dalesq

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Northern California
  • Interests Miniatures, scale model building and design, reading, mixed media, jewelry making, gardening

Contact Methods

• Yahoo dalminis@att.net

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debora
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

14071 profile views
  1. 20191114-153857.jpg

They look great...and so does the table!
  2. Stack of 1917 newspapers

Perfect!
  3. Next dollhouse??

Laser cut kits are hard to beat IMO. I love them and I can't do the sanding required with a die cut kit. I also think the fit is better so assembly is easier. Greenleaf has several one inch scale kits available in laser cut.  Another advantage is the GL lasercut kits are lightweight plywood. As Holly pointed out, MDF is heavy, and I think it’s more difficult to work with. Good luck and enjoy the process!
  4. f1da119fb6da11870cd8b80054405463.jpg

I’ve always liked the look of this kit. Yours is looking really good!
  5. Looks good so far! I’m looking forward to seeing your progress. 
  6. 5daefb3ccf36e-myaat.jpg

Sweet!
  7. Interior trim

Thank you for your kind words   I try to upload as many pics as possible to GL but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. You can see more images of this build at my Instagram account dalmorrigan. https://www.instagram.com/dalmorrigan/
  8. More exterior trim

Thanks, me too! This is my second all White house and I’m planning another 
  9. More exterior trim

Thank you!
  10. More exterior trim

From the album Maison Ginny

I trimmed the upper roof seams and added a plate around the upper roof sections where they met the roof base. After reinforcing glue joins I repainted and gave it a final satin finish coat. I may add some patina aging later.   On the exterior I wanted to echo the rounded windows in the front. I had a couple of sticks of a Lawbre resin trim that was perfect for accenting under the second floor overhang. I think it echoes the fishscale shingles as well and ties together the two floors.   For the upper floor I wanted to echo the layered peaked window trim so I added the accent trim just below the upper roof line. I think this gives it a little bit of “weight” and ties together the different exterior trim treatments on the house.  

© DAL Minis

11. Interior trim

Brae (otterine)sent me this delicate lasercutter trim which worked perfectly as a ceiling accent (instead of crown molding) in the parlor and bedroom.   I trimmed the bedroom dormer windows with just wallpaper strips and cut foam pieces to fit for window seats.  

© DAL Minis

12. Bedroom ceiling trim

© DAL Minis

13. Side wall

Thanks everyone! 
  14. Back wall progress

It looks great! Can’t wait to see this busy P.O. in action 
  15. 20191018-140644.jpg

It’s looking great!