• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debora
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

9315 profile views
  1. I won a door prize!

Very nice! Congrats!
  2. My 1st House - Beacon Hill Haunted Mansion

It's lovely so far! I'm lookong forward to seeing your progress. I hope you'll start an album when you have enough posts.
  3. Miniature Mice

They are all so cute! Lots of characters there.  
  4. The Buttercup 2017

Sweeeet! Love the stone work. The stained glass windows are lovely! I still love the Buttercup. It's such a versatile house.
  5. Half-scale battery-operated lights!

I've used this type of battery op 1:12 scale lights occasionally, but haven't seen them for half scale. Thanks for the info.  
  6. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

So awful. My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope your SIL continues to improve.
  7. Hearth for McKinley Witch House

Nice! :D
  8. Half Scale Raggedy Ann and Andy House

Super cute! I love the Fairfield and the ME Arther too. 
  9. Help needed for 24 scale stuff

I use a lot of 1:12 scale things in 1:24, but as Debsrand56 said, you have to think in half scale. I've used 1:12 chair rail as 1:24 baseboard, and combined trims to make cornices, or layered trims. I've also cut down larger trim. Many times heavy card stock (paper) will work as trims too. One of the thing I love about half scale is it pushes me to be creative.
  10. How Many Builds Do You Have Going On At Once?

Definitely more than one at a time.  
  11. Pantry shelf

Perfect!
  12. My husband is coming close to the end now

I'm sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself in this difficult time.
  13. New to doll house construction

One of the first houses I built almost 30 years ago was a 1:12 Arthur for my oldest daughter and granddaughter. That one was a "traditional" build using all the gingerbread, etc. Sadly, I have no photos of that house. More recently I built a 1:24 Arthur that I slightly bashed. You can see my album for it here. I like the Arthur a lot. I think it's a great cottage and a fairly straightforward build. Have fun! And I think it's great you are building it for yourself!   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7461
  14. Burn out

I've lost interest in projects part way through and used to feel bad about it, but I've decided they were learning experiences and worth it for the knowledge I gained. I've put some houses aside in the cupboard to return to later if the mood strikes. But minis are for me to enjoy, so I work on what is inspiring me and making me excited to do more. Sometimes that means furniture or accessories, sometimes that's a new house. What I especially love about minis are the many different techniques and skills you learn along the way, and the varied mediums. There's always something new to try.