• Content count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

4320 Excellent

About Dalesq

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Northern California
  • Interests Miniatures, scale model building and design, reading, mixed media, jewelry making, gardening

Contact Methods

• Yahoo dalminis@att.net

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debora
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

13863 profile views
  1. Rosedale, Jefferson or Willowcrest ideas

I slightly bashed my half scale Rosedale (The White Rose) bay adding a skylight window and dormer in the third floor mansard wall. It was the first time I modified a kit, and while nerve wracking, was a lot of fun. Now I change whatever I want to   you can also find progress photos in my Greenleaf album for this build.  
  2. Birds on a Branch - 24.75 hours

What’s her favorite cake? I’m in! I love this rug and marvel at your patience.
  3. Windows installed

I like all the details Shannon adds to her kits. This house is a fun challenge to build.
  4. Back view

From the album Maison Ginny

I like the subtlety of the side wall. Viewed from the back.  

© DAL Minis

5. More windows

I’ve been busy with windows and trims. There are more trims...  

© DAL Minis

6. More trims

I’ve been busy with windows and trims. There are more trims...   The mansard and faux metal roofs are installed. I added trims to the open side to frame the lovely detailed trim provided with the kit.

© DAL Minis

7. Windows installed

I’ve been busy with windows and trims. There are more trims...

© DAL Minis

8. Side wall

I decided I had to do something with the long side wall. The person who inspired this build was a very artistic person and so I considered mosaics and murals. I decided to go with something in relief that would be subtle and kind of whimsical. I used a wash of the haint blue that I've been using as an accent. It has a shadow-like effect with just enough color to keep it interesting. The tree was from a card Brae (otterine) sent to me and I cut the birds out using my Cricut.

© DAL Minis

9. Lights!

I like the battery op LEDs. I can run 10 picos on one button set. The trick is figuring out where they will go. 
  10. Front entrance

Lovely! Very nice work!
  11. Faux metal roof

The upper roof is a faux metal roof. I used wood trim pieces for the raised seams.

© DAL Minis

12. Wiring

I ran most of the wiring for the lights over the roof where the wires will be hidden under the upper faux metal roof. For the first floor kitchen lights I ran wiring through the bath floor into the space under the back bay roof. This will house my battery and switch.

© DAL Minis

13. Testing lights

All lite up.  

© DAL Minis

14. Wiring

I ran the electrical wiring over the roof for the porch and second floor. The kitchen lighting wires run through the bath floor into the roof area above the back bay.

© DAL Minis

15. Lights!

Everything is working.

© DAL Minis