newt

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by newt

1. hello, and welcome! wow, that Garfield is such a fabulous house! congrats on your newest project. glad you've found the forums, looking forward to hearing more about you and your builds and dolls,
  2. hello, and welcome! what you're doing with the houses is a beautiful thing, in every sense. looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects,
  3. hello, and welcome! how awful to have had that fire, but how wonderful that you and your father can build together! looking forward to hearing more about you, and seeing your projects,
  4. Bonjour, et Welcome!! your English is great, and your work is super. hope to see and hear lots more from you!
  5. newt

Hi Everyone

hey, Greg, welcome back!!!!!!!! you've been missed, of course! i'll add some hopes for No Surprises, massages, and workers-show-up-on-schedule, to heidi's wishes for you all. looking forward to pix of the RL house, and Mom with Russ and you in her new abode, along with that desk and the dh. hugz to all, and some extra pats for her Highness,
  6. Elspeth, is this obsession contagious? ... i have it too. when i get a "finished" house and its contents, it's wonderful to see someone's collection and choices, and imagine how the gathering and arranging was decided ... i envy you, Rhonda, in your having met the creator of your Chalet. i've had aggie's experience, too, when i've interacted with family members who are selling a dh or other items from an estate. they're really pleased to know that the minis will be owned by someone who appreciates them. morbid? well, no, i don't think so. i'd hope that if i leave the planet tomorrow, some kind person will come along who'll adopt and love my minis and houses. recently i got a Brimbles house, and its furnishings and turntable. well, i am just thrilled with all of it!! and yep, i'm in a quandary about whether to make any significant changes. the house is really nicely done. the wiring doesn't work, so there is sleuth work regarding that ... but that'll be another challenge. pix are in a "Sandhills Emporium" album here.
  7. hey, Dave, you're at post 87 and age 78 -- that's kinda cool, too!
  8. aaaaaaaaaaw, that kittyboy is too cute! can we call him HF now, for Handsome Face? love the minis, Heidi!
  9. yep, here's another virgo who's a tad sentimental, in a tidy and organized way. and, NICE job, wow, that is inspired!!! -- of course, and beautifully done!!-- of course oh, this will be so cool, Deb! can't wait to see the prayer wheel!! they have grandeur. do please post pix, OK? and the eccentric lady's other furnishings will be .... oooooo! hmmm .... there was a mini yurt on eBay a while back. maybe one of those might do for the back yard as a guest house? see, here's the thing. the government in China has passed legislation to control how monks reincarnate .... and the dalai lama has said he won't be returning to Tibet. the article is here. Well, wow, that's cold. what a sho' nuff cruel attempt to crush the human spirit. anyway .... maybe your BH could be a safe haven for folks in transition, and the house could have a lil Welcome sign ... hey, we can dream, can't we?
  10. hi, there's a pic of the Hillsdale on our dh kit blog. the link is below. and, hey, YEAH, the Batman lived at Stately Wayne Manor!
  11. wow, those are super! love the avatar photo, too
  12. nutti, what a wonderful photograph!!! thanks for sharing your family.
  13. MICH!!!!!! i'm so glad to hear all's going so well! well, i think i'll cope with the disappointment ... but ... i was getting a room ready for our Spare Baby, and that Lil Tikes Jacuzzi 'n Spa was on lay-a-way, and the Katz were looking forward to playing with him 'cause they knew his eyes would be open when he got here (they really liked that), and they'd adjusted to the information that he wouldn't have a tail, or fur .... sigh. ok, GOOD!!! excellent news, YAY!!!!! ps: YAAAAY!!!!!!
  14. oh, my, that sounds as though it was really miserable! eye injuries really do hurt like crazy. it's great that you're ok!
  15. hello there, am glad to hear that things went well and that you're home. sending best wishes, healing thoughts and all kinds of gentle energies for a smooth and quick recovery. newt
  16. newt

Sweet Meka

hi, Peachheimer, sending good thoughts to you and Meka, and pat-pat-pats, newt
  17. newt

Gina (Wolfie)

hey there, Wolfie, glad to know there is some "down time" at home, and that you're getting some REST. i hope that there's heaps of rain coming your way, and that things become boring and predictable soon. sending good thoughts to all, newt