GirlPiper

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by GirlPiper

1. I like the shingles and installing them. The precision and measureability are rewarding.
  2. Will you replicate the colors, too? It's a very cool pattern.
  3. GirlPiper

Stove

Love the kitchen.
  4. I sort of tried it yesterday, and can't wait to see what you've got so far.
  5. I hope it turns out better than you think. Is there a classmate's parent who could scoop up your kids for you?
  6. I bet if you buff your finish with a rag--like an old t-shirt/sweatshirt--you could restore your roughness and diminish the shine. I'd try an obscure corner. . .
  7. That is a very attractive display.
  8. Just downloaded the cable sweater pattern to use when the evenings get long. Thanks!
  9. GirlPiper

Bird statue

Impressive (as always!)
  10. I keep my scraps, too--some of the pieces end up in the oddest places!
  11. Aren't they fun? So cuddly. Mostly I make kilt hose (knee-his with cables.)
  12. I bashed a single room on the side of my Ochid--used 1/4" birch plywood.
  13. There was a lady in New Mexico who threw tiny pots with that sort of design. (I believe she died.) Anyway they were for accent art and sold as souveniers.
  14. The red beard thing--I read somewhere that that is a very certain strain of celtic blood seen in the middle of Scotland and in Dublin City. It's a Viking contribution to some of the clans. My dad, brother, and son all have it.
  15. His dad and his parents are all redheads, mine is the first generation on my mother's side with no red hair in 7 generations. I was really hoping!
  16. Thanks! Being a c-section, he's very attractive. So--don't ask how we got so lucky, but 2 brunettes with dark eyes, 2 blonds with blue--my son's children, and now a redhead. All healthy. Life's good things!
  17. I've made baby kilts in the past, but this one will be fun!