GirlPiper

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by GirlPiper

1. GirlPiper

Black Bed

Such a nice piece.
  2. I did! It turned out well, and the drawer was true. I had a roll of magnetic tape laying around and put that on three sides. Left one wood for lining up.
  3. A whetstone for a weight, Exacto knife, Dremel Motosaw, Dremel handheld, 2 hemostats from the emergency room, cork-backed metal ruler, a plastic set of school triangles, mouse sander. . .and on and on. . .gathered over the years. Reading about the glue jig--I wondered what they look like. I have a shallow drawer and can get some sheet steel and magnets. That would work, right? (Thanks for starting this thread--it's raining here today.) Oh! I like them for the nice cuts I can get faster than by my aging hands.
  4. So far from makeshift. You should be making more of your things.
  5. GirlPiper

roofy

Great effect. (I used dowels on my Orchid ridge & valleys, too.)
  6. Oh! What a nice surprise. You'll love the new fixtures, I'm sure.
  7. GirlPiper

Violets

That is a really appealing display.
  8. This is my my third "this old house." You tend to learn to fix things fast when you're a single mom! (Thank you! That reminds me to renew my AARP membership!)
  9. I'm in awe! As for the little people using the facilities, it's only polymer, right?
  10. I have one of those in my tool box, but hadn't tried it on the mini work. Do you like it?
  11. Yep--that sounds like a mineral build-up in a supply line.
  12. Side cutters work too. (Like sharp narrow pliers.)
  13. What did the guy look like BEFORE the ride?