GirlPiper

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by GirlPiper

1. I used tiny eyelet screws that I got at Lowe's and used wooden skewers that I cut to fit each window. Just use a push pin or finger drill to put holes where you want the 2 screws to go and then twist them in place. Make your curtains and put them on the wooden skewer and slide it into and through the eyelet screws on either end. It was quite simple to do. I painted all of the skewers to mimic a red chestnut stain plus the curtains are removable should you need to remove them. Take a look at my gallery on my Garfield to take a peek at some of my curtains. Hope this helps you out!!!!!!

That's my go-to, too.

2. I read that letter today, too, and feel for the grandmother. Some kids are so insecure they have to have expensive (not necessarily good) things to show off. The daughter missed a chance to teach her little girl about manners, creativity, and limited means. Such an omission. I hope the daughter never hits hard times. She won't know how to cope.

On a better note, I never knew if my kids appreciated the things I'd made for them until my daughter's baby shower 18 months ago. I gave her a bear, a giraffe, a small soft Nessie (Lochness monster) all home made. One of the guests kind of gushed about where the toys were purchased, and my daughter said "Oh, my mom makes them. She's the bomb with toys." My (indifferent) son has made scale houses/car garages for all of his kids because he still has the barn we made together when he was little.

Warmed me top to toe.

• Like 3
  3. Thanks everyone for the kind words.  It was a big load off. I see the GP tomorrow, cardio guy next week, and hope I'm done with doctors for a while!

The wallpaper was probably lovely in 1974, but needed to be gone.  The room gets a lot of sun, so I'm going with a cool color, but haven't decided  between Delft blue or a very pale mossy green.  This happens with the minis, too.  Decisions, decisions, and I'll see a color that is totally different--choice made!

4. The biopsy from last week's colonoscopy came back benign!!  I don't have to have another for 3 whole years.

I'm down to the last wall in the dining room wallpaper fiasco.  Never have had such a hard slog with wall paper before.

The boiler had an issue again after the $895 repair and no heat over Thanksgiving.  The tech came yesterday juggled  some stuff and the funky noise quit, but I used another vacation day.  Got up to an 8-9" snowfall and a below zero wind chill blowing the stuff across the road.  Called in chicken--everything in the county was closed except our university.  (sigh.)  You may have seen the 125 car fatal pileup complete with fireworks on I-94 this morning.  That was about 5 miles from my house, so I'm glad I stayed home.

• Like 6