• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Suzi
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

365 profile views
  1. Dear Mrs. Boyce, Thank you so much for the information you have given all of us on our houses. I think I started this post looking for info on my emporium, but have since found out so much more, and so interesting and helpful to all of us that have these special houses. My emporium was indeed built by Ron Clanton. I have been in contact with Aaron Clanton who remembers it being built and had helped his dad with it. The workmanship on it is amazing! That said…I have seen one of Clell Boyce houses (Elliot Bay), and it was so beautifully well made. As I had said before to the new owner, I couldn’t have let it go if I would have had room for it. My husband was a contractor and I helped him with projects so I have some limited knowledge of real house building. Anyway, because if that, I seem to look more at actual carpentry/construction than many people. I had honestly never seen a miniature house that well made. It was an inspiration to me to do better. Maybe that sounds silly, but I have always loved true craftsmanship in all things. The time, skill, and love that goes into it. It is an art and your husband was truly a master of his craft. I am very sorry to hear about his work being plagiarized but happy to have more knowledge on identifying his work. Although I do believe the quality of it is pretty obvious when looking at them! Thank you again for the information you shared with us. Suzi
  2. Hello, I have been emailing Aaron Clanton; Ron Clanton's son about my Emporium and other houses Mr. Clanton built. He (Aaron) has been very helpful with details about his father's works; and also about growing up and helping with the houses. You can find him (Aaron Clanton) here on this forum. I don't know anything about the Knapp house, but if Mr. Clanton built it, then it must be great. His work is amazing. Good luck to you!
  3. Really cute! Good luck to you in the contest.
  4. Hi Genevieve! yes we are talking about the same lady! Liz and I have worked together on some things, and my Ron Clanton emporium came from the same estate as your Elliot Bay house. We have all loved that house and if I had anywhere to put it I would have grabbed it up. I'm so glad you're getting it and it is beautifully finished and of course so well made. Good luck and have fun personalizing it when it gets to you. Let us know how it turns out! Suzi
  5. Thank you so much for all this information and clarity of it! I purchased several finished homes (probably originally purchased as shells), and they are so unique and wonderfully built that I had to find out about them. Because so much time has passed, it has been quite difficult to get the correct info, and many on this blog have contributed; but to get "Clell Boyce" via you of course, is amazing and wonderful. The workmanship in these houses is exquisite and wonderful. I so appreciate the craftsmanship in them. Please thank Mr. Boyce for me, and thank you for your help and for responding and clearing it all up. Take care, and prayers, Suzi Rose
  6. Genevieve, Congrats on your Elliot Bay!! I was wondering where you’re getting it? (If you don’t mind). I have a friend selling some of these Ron Clanton homes from a estate. They are so beautiful, lucky you! Will be great to see pictures!
  7. Has anyone tried 1:48 scale 3d printing?
  8. I want to thank everyone so much for all the research you've done, and the knowledge you have! You've all been so helpful, and it's great to finally get the info on my emporium that I wanted. There are some ladies in my miniature club who knew Ron Clanton, and said his workmanship was really wonderful. All of them have marveled at this store, and now to see the actual plan & catalog for it, is just so great. Thanks again, As I get it dusted off and re-vitalized, I'll include pics. Suzi
  9. I really appreciate all the info and research from all of you. It’s even more interesting now than ever. As for this emporium, it is quite beautiful. Every store floor is inlaid. The outside entrance goes to every store and is completely finished although it never gets seen. Really amazing workmanship! Would have loved to meet some of these craftsman. Thanks again for the help!
  10. Hello....so much great info on here! I just purchased a very large Emporium store and it is Marked "Victorian Times" and build by Ron Clanton. I would like to know more about this builder, it is exquisite. I only have a photo after it was cleaned out, but waay cool! If anyone knows this man or info on him would be greatly appreciated! There is also a really Beautiful Elliot Bay House for sale at this estate also signed by him as well. Thanks in advance for any info! Suzi
  11. thanks Kelly, funny....but I had (after the post) thought of installing a drop ceiling under the first one...Maybe I'll try both our ideas!
  12. Thanks to all of you for responding, I appreciate the ideas and will surely attempt to utilize them, this forum will be helpful and much fun I think!
  13. Hello everyone, I'm brand new to houses, miniatures, and "E. all of the above". I purchased an assembled Duracraft vm800 victorian mansion from the sweetest lady who was legally blind, terminal with cancer, and had spent years building her house. It was assembled in the worst possible way, but it has such charm and character that I could not tear it down completely without destroying it. I have repaired as many things (millions it seems) as possible. The main problem is that she spackled the ceilings after wiring, and now most of the fixtures have been broken,, and I can't get to the wiring to repair them. Here is the million dollar question: Does anyone know of any way to get that stuff OFF the ceiling? or am I just going to have to go the LED way? I would do that, but I have fixated on doing a 1940's/1950's house (like my grandma's), so I'm having to build/create many things in it. I was hoping to use some of the original wiring, just because I guess. No logical reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much! Suzi *I will post pics of the rooms as they get closer to their destinations if anyone is interested.