• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Lynn
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

717 profile views
  1. I am still waiting for my thank you gift of the Adams to show up. I was wondering if anyone had received their yet. Thanks for letting us know to start watching for it! :thumb: I have an idea for it and can't wait to get started!! Maybe it will show up on Monday! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  2. I love the beds everyone has made! I wish this subject had come up sooner! This fall I wanted to take a class on dressing beds but it was cancelled due to not enough sign-ups. I really wanted a bed for my houseboat so I was on my own. I used the bed making book as a guide and this is how my bed turned out. I was really proud of my first attempt! It even has an anchor applique I made to follow the nautical theme. I am looking forward to making beds now for the Adams. I am not quite so intimidated anymore. Lynn
  3. Lynnies Minis

House Boat Miniature Vacation

Houseboat made for Creatin' Contest December 2007
  4. I don't recall any rude comments other than blank looks or raised eyebrows when I tell people that I build doll houses and make miniatures. :yay: But I do recall a comment made by my father-in-law. I had taken my mother-in-law down to look at the progress of my Beacon Hill. She knew I was building it. My husband who is supportive of my hobby brought in his dad. He looked at my husband and said "Son, that looks neat! Are you building that for the girls? They will really enjoy it." My husband said "I haven't even touched it. Lynn is building it." FIL looking at DH: "Is it electrified?" DH "Yes." FIL looking at DH: "How did you do that?" DH: "I didn't! Lynn did! She did everything herself. It's her house". FIL finally looking at me eyes huge: "You did it all? You? You did it by yourself? Matt didn't help?" DH and I just looked at him and shook our heads and said that I did it alone! FIL was definately impressed. Now everytime they come over, they both go into the livingroom to see what else I have made and my FIL examines all the small details and says WOW! When my mom came over to visit (she does not come over very often as she lives in Florida during the winter and across the state in the summer) she did not understand my dollhouse hobby "obsession". I showed her what I had made and am in the middle of making. She made a comment when she called me after she was back home of how she did not realize how "talented" I was and what a good job I have done on the my houses. She was impressed! :thumb:
  5. Thanks for your comments! The Campfire Grill was made using coiled metal my husband had for the poles, free screen from local hardware store for the grill, small circle woodie I had already which I painted silver with 4 holes (3 for the poles and one for the adjustable chain), small jewelry chain from a dollar store, and 5 jump rings which I also had on hand. Cut to size and length needed and assemble. I was pretty happy with the way they turned out.
  6. Yeah! Kids have ideas already. Kayla is 14 :whistle: and Sarah is 11.
  7. I have 2 daughters ages 14 and 11. They think this would be fun. Can they still get in on the swap?? Their favorite colors are blue and pink.
  8. I had fun with the trailer contest, and even though I did not win any of the big prizes I still feel like I won because of the consolation prize. I was so happy to get the houseboat! Entering was worth it because you have nothing to loose. It doesn't even cost anything to enter. I have a few ideas in my head and have started to gather things together. I will enter this contest too because even if you don't win the big prizes...you still win something!!! Everyone wins!!!
  9. My package arrived yesterday! :idiot: Thank you everyone! I can't wait to add the items to my camping scene! You all did a wonderful job!! This was my first time doing a swap and I sure had fun. I can't wait to do it again sometime. Happy First Day of Spring!
  10. I was a Flybaby a few years back and was doing well using parts of their system. About a year ago I started slipping back into a few old habits when my kids were getting busier as well as myself. :thumb: Thanks for the reminder of the site! (I won't sign up for the e-mails though.) I have already completely cleaned my sink today. Starting again feels good! It's nice to know I am not the only one out there that needs this kind of support. (I like to think that a cluttered house is the sign of a creative and artistic mind ... I must be creative and artistic by looking at my house. )
  11. My swaps were boxed and mailed today by priority mail! You should get them in a couple of days! :o Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone! Lynn
  12. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. (By the way Merry Christmas, Everyone!)
  13. Christmas Tree one got me too! I thought "how LOVELY are your branches" also. I think they messed up in the quiz. ;) It was a fun quiz though!