beachpeach

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by beachpeach

1. it's important to remember those that have passed and sacrificed their lives so that we remain free. and regardless of the political climate, remember those that are Still putting their lives on the line everyday, so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we have.
  2. becs, i know how you operate and all of the prototypes and mock ups do pay off. its obvious by the excellent work that you show! you have a great attention to detail and your results prove that. well done!
  3. wow! he is wonderful! he looks wise and full of spells! great job!
  4. there was a news report last week that Chicago has the highest gas prices in the Country! i work in the suburbs, so i dont pay city prices which usually run about +.10c more per gallon. last week i saw that my regular gas station hiked its price on regular gas +.10c per gallon in 1 day! the cheapest i've found so far is $3.69 per gallon for regular!!! what are you paying for gas now? and i want to know what happened to New York and California?
  5. hey Deb, why not take a look at marble-ized contact paper? its cheap and sticky and you can cut it in any shape your heart desires to cover just about anything, or use the full sheet like wallpaper.
  6. you can take the virtual tour online...heres the link: http://www.msichicago.org/exhibit/fairy_castle/fchome.html granted its not the same as gettin up close and breathin on the plexiglass, but it's better than my pictures of it. lol
  7. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

welcome to my mini museum adventure! this is my first leg of my journey. i walked a couple of blocks to catch the bus heading south to meet Tracy (minis on the edge) and Teresa (minimadwoman) at the Museum of Science and Industry. we are goin to see Colleen Moores Fairy Castle. it'll be fun and i haven't seen them since the Tom bishop Show in April.
  8. beachpeach

2first bus.JPG

From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

hey, here's my bus!
  9. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

this is the stop for the Garfield bus. it runs to the lake and ends at the Science Museum.
  10. beachpeach

4good time.JPG

i'm makin good time! supposed to meet the girls between 11:30 and 12 in front of the museum.
  11. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

well here we are, end of the line.
  12. beachpeach

5look left.JPG

hmmm. this place is huge!
  13. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

geez, i wonder whats over there.
  14. beachpeach

7wow early.JPG

hey i'm early! i'll just hang out and enjoy this great day! it's windy but it's warm, and this is Chicago. i should take off my jacket and catch a few rays.
  15. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

i'll just sit up front and act like a tourist.
  16. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

what a neat old building across the street! and this is a picture perfect day.
  17. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

we found each other! this is: (Tracy's sweet mini) Sarah, Tracy, Aleah (Teresa's little sister), Teresa, Brian (Teresa's DH), Chris (Tracy's DH) and (Tracy's other sweet mini) Rachel. now we're off to grab a bite to eat and then the castle!
  18. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

Colleen's info. she was a silent movie star and the first "flapper".
  19. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

Aleah and Teresa gettin ready to go in.
  20. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

i apologize now that my pics here turned out crappy here. maybe one day i'll figure out how to use a camera! anyway, this is the entrance to the courtyard.
  21. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

this was probably my favorite room with the floating staircase.
  22. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

even when i try for better pics it still doesn't work!
  23. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

talk about a "sitting room"
  24. From the album: Museum Mini Adventure

and this is where the knights of the round table hang out on their days off.