beachpeach

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by beachpeach

1. i did some priming today on my walls... i'm weeping from warping here! i guess the wood is to thin. it's not like i glob the stuff on there either! i'm very meticulious and would rather do 3 thin coats if i have to, but it still warps! i'm about ready to break something here... ok, breathe in...... breathe out.......
  2. chesty, God says that this house should be a ginger bread house. make it so! :juggle: and reread your brothers Grimm while you're at it. :monkeydance: knowledge is power. :monkeydance: :monkeydance: personally i think you should have a garage/out building with slaughter and gore and a few pigs in a stye to throw off the curious about what Really goes on around that homestead. :icecream: :queen: and take pics...yes.... lotsa pics! :jester:
  3. great job! rubber stamps, huh? what a great idea!
  4. thanks for the link! i've been readin over it off an on for most of the day. its amazing to me that most of these men and women are asking for tee-shirts and socks! that in itself speaks volumes to me about our goverment. i've been moved to get a package together for our troops and i'm gonna ask the girls at the office if they want to contribute too. its the very least that i can do for someone thats putting his or her life on the line so i can sit here and enjoy freedoms that i sometimes take for granted.
  5. what a nice space! those floors are gonna look incredible btw! and your Pierce doesn't look so lonely... it looks like the center of attention to me! and with all that extra room, geez just imagine all the shelving that you could install for all of your houses to be on display!
  6. great topic. i've been thinkin on this and i'm at a total loss this year as to what to send my mom! she lives in Georgia. last year i sent her a cool book but i've havent had any brilliant ideas this year. anybody got any suggestions? oh, i also have an adopted mom up here that i get to see all the time. i think i'm gonna make her my aunts famous jelly cake and take it over just to be aggravating...'cause i'm like that
  7. i brought bagels with cream cheese and peach and strawberry preserves if anybody wants some. got coffee too of course!
  8. he is a cutie Heidi! especially that wicked glint in his eye.... ok ok i know thats the camera flash, but im sure he's gonna be a handful, and he looks very lovable too.
  9. so when is the next swap announced after the June kids swap? i've got a great idea and would like to know what the theme is. if you don't have one yet, why not Summer Fun? or Hot Fun In The Summertime? lol
  10. FYI: if you go to the main community page, towards the bottom in board statistics, you will see who is in live chat at any given time, in case you want to come in.
  11. i opened up this mornin. got fresh coffee on and plenty of danish here!
  12. hey, Linda, any chance that you've received my box yet? i shipped out on Monday.
  13. wow! great job! what time is the ceremony??
  14. isn't it wonderful when dreams come true? congrats on your new store and can't wait to see what ya do with it!
  15. Gina, it sounds like shes an angel too. perhaps this is a good omen that she is meetin you with a 3rd box (3's the charm) while you are with Doug at the hospital. got my fingers crossed that everything goes well and the blessings continue to pour!
  16. Becs, its a good thing girlfriend that you decided to go feel up that BH! otherwise i'd have sat around chattin up a storm while this place burned down around my ears! Thanks!
  17. dang it, i Knew i was doin something wrong!
  18. this is too weird, especially being the mellow, non-dramatic person that i am.... got home from work tonite and entered the common hall that i share with a guy next door. this building is old (130yrs) and we have the only 2 apts at ground level. anyhoo, i walk in and it's alittle hazy and i smell this electrical smell. i'm thinkin GEEZ! i hope i didn't leave something on! well, i get inside and my place is perfectly fine, in it's normal state of caios and no weird smells. i think i'm just imagining things, so figure i'll check again in a few mins and see if i'm not losing my mind. i change clothes, and sit at the pc for awhile checkin email and readin a few posts here... talked to a friend in chat for a few mins... she goes to feel up her new BH and i decide to take out my Lily for some heavy petting, when i go to the door and remember that i was supposed to check that weird smell...... open the door and its really hazy in the hall and the smell is very obvious now.... i called the landlady so she can get in touch with dude next door and get him home asap. she wants to come over (they live across town) and i said no, it smells electrical and i can call the fire dept. if necessary and if dude can't get over here. she contacted him then called me back. i checked the main hall of the building for her and it was clear. i waited about 5mins and heard dude come in. he opened his door and smoke poured out! he had left his gym bag over the floor vent and his heat was on! the gym bag was starting to melt and that was the "electrical" smell. vinyl and it was scorched! we opened the doors and the windows, and he turned off his heat. God, what a scare! the landlady had good reason to be worried and so was i, but i wouldn't have let it go to far before i called the fire dept. believe me, a chance to ogle lotsa good lookin chicago firemen inside of my own apt.?! i may be losin my mind but i'm not crazy! and now that its over, i kinda feel cheated about that!!! and then on top i feel guilty for feelin cheated outta bein saved by good lookin firemen! let it be a lesson.... never, ever put anything close to a heat source people! you can't be to careful! and it's probably not a good thing to meet good lookin firemen responding to a call at your own home!
  19. hmmmm now you got me thinkin..... maybe Irene would want to take a trip up there with me. she's in the north burbs and i could swing by and snatch her up so i wouldn't be so lonely. that might be worth considering! what do you think, Irene??? and Tracy and Teresa and I have a date for the Thorne Rooms in May. need to find out if they want to try and squeeze in the Fairy Castle too..... gotta love mini-plans!
  20. ok, now that was totally cool! and it makes me think.... why can't tape wire be covered and painted over like that! everybody says it will show through, but that looks well hidden!
  21. wow Ann! sounds like a great day-trip! if you go, be sure to sneak lotsa pictures so we can see too.