Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Shirley
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

475 profile views
  1. Ol McDonald had a farm is always good for some giggles. Ride a c*** horse to Banbury cross to see a fine lady on a white horse. Simple Simon met a pie man. Yankee Doodle Dandy. Humpty dumpty sat on a wall. This little piggy went to market. Round and round the garden, like a teddy bear. You are certainly lucky to have such little ones to entertain. Shirley
  2. Hi Deb, It is now a part of an ad for a local telecommunication company here in Alberta. One ad I won't mind listening, as I have always liked it too. Shirley
  3. Hi Suzanne and welcome to the forum. Shirley
  4. Hi Meli, welcome to the forum. Shirley
  5. Hi, and welcome to the forum. Shirley
  6. Hi Everyone, The addition is going on the right hand side of the house, looking at the open back. It will extend to the back about half the width of the addition. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Apparently the computer part of my camera is almost done. I didn't know they even had one. The addition will add to the length, but not too much to the width. Thanks for the heads up on moving it though, as I had forgotten about the size issue. Corwin, I am going to use the room on the right side of the house, looking from the open back. Thanks for the help, Shirley
  7. Dear Jo, Thanks for the input. I didn't know if I should build it like the rest of the Garfield or make a box as you suggested. The box sounds a lot more like what I can cut out, and build. Thanks, Shirley
  8. Hi, I think perhaps real life is going to finally give me some time to work on Garfield, who has been patient for almost a year. I want to add an 81/2 x 10 inch wash house of the kitchen wing. I got a beautiful 4' x 8' sheet of 1/8 " birch plywood, good on both sides, and now I just need to know what kind of a base to build, and how to connect it to the rest of the house. I have the pattern pieces all drawn out, but got stuck on the base. This will be similar to a room that was part of a house I used to visit when i was little. I believe the wash house had previously been the original cabin. There was a loft, and we could sleep up there. There was a really neat little door that led from a second story bedroom into the loft area of the wash house. I think I will probably try to do that as well. Thanks everyone, and it is nice to be back. Shirley
  9. Mice, I hate the things with a passion. What I would do if we had rats, I don't know, mice are bad enough. Every fall, I check all around the basement wall outside and under the wood trim along the top of the cement wall and if I think I see a little opening, I jab it full of steel wool. I haven't had any so far, unless the Grandbabies leave the doors open in the fall, then will get a few. I like the plastic traps as I can empty them without getting too close to the mouse. I dress like they are a biohazard, but thats okay. Hope you don't get anymore, as I assume they could bring diseases into the bird room. Shirley
  10. I totally agree with Lisa, don't listen to the drama queens, they are out there. If you are a reader, take a good book, or tape of music you really enjoy. Listen to the staff, they are always there to help. Our two children are now parents, so things have changed since I had them, but the basics are the same. Just relax and you will have your baby in your arms before you know it. Good luck, and we know you will do just fine. There are some relaxation techniques that are helpful, and if you ask your Dr., or the staff at his office they should be available. Practice and you will be amazed how much they help. Enjoy this exciting time in your life. Shirley
  11. When I painted the spindles for a staircase, DH suggested that I poke small holes down a strip of corrugated cardboad, and then stick the small end of the spindles in the holes and spray them. Worked like a charm. I did stick the newel posts to tape as Wolfie suggested and that worked as well. I have an old piece of cardboard with macaroni stuck to it (Grandkids had a fun time) and I put small pieces on these to dry, or spray pieces firectly on the board. Keeps them from sticking. Of course, it doesn't help my poor spraying techniques when I get drips. Shirley
  12. Another great issue. Thanks to everyone who makes this possible. Congratulations all! Shirley
  13. Deb, that is really bad, bad! Thanks for the chuckle and glad you are feeling a little better. Shirley
  14. Dear Heidi, I didn't think for a minute that you would rush into a purchase without a lot of intelligent thought. I just know of a couple of friends that did switch, and a few years later, found they had to switch back because their kids were in University, tech school, etc. You will have a great time trying them all out. New computers are exciting. Shirley
  15. I should never do anything in the AM. and I am embarressed to admit that I don't know how to PM Tracy. I will check the pictures, as I was sure they were jpeg. I think you should be able to make this any size that you like. Shirley