• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Cathy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,133 profile views
  1. Hi would anyone be able to send me Vineyard cottage instructions? I purchased the rectangle box version along time ago and am just getting to it, Thanks Cathy
  2. Getting really excited after reading all the posts :)This is such a great design...Ordered the main "cabin"...still deciding on what extras that may be needed. I have to say, I tossed around many ideas, but the one that keeps coming back is based on a movie called "_____ __________" --a bit of a thriller which will be perfect for Halloween deadline. I guess once it's in "dry fit", I'll know for sure if this is the way to go Happy Flinging!
  3. Dean and crew, you've outdone yourself:) I would say it was worth the wait! hehe Now I'm up brainstorming instead of sleeping....maybe if I go to sleep something will come to me in a dream,lol
  4. I have been anxiously waiting, stalking the forum,lol Have been slowly working on my San Franciscan....but have spent sometime reminiscing, looking at the other 2 Spring Flings I entered...did I mention I hate waiting,lol. So a bit depressed because I was thinking the 7th was tomorrow...but it's Tuesday... another day of waiting :*( ...Oh well, waited this long...what's another day. lol:)
  5. Thanks CJ n Holly:) Holly, this one came to me awhile back...I live in LaPorte IN--home of Belle Gunness (said to be the first female serial killer)--she lived there in the early 1900's-her first husband "died", then she would correspond with gentlemen, who later moved to marry her...most of these men had money, or insurance policies taken out on them, I believe. ( Check out wikipedia, there's a nice article.) Back in 1908 or so, her house burned down and she disappeared---she was spotted on the West coast--and Los Angeles AND San Francisco.. So...the owner of my San Franciscan will be the mysterious Nicole Veuve Noire (which is French for "black widow")....she arrives in town one day ( I was thinking the time period would be maybe 1920s) and purchases the San Franciscan....I would think it would be somewhat rare for a single woman with no family connections/ a stranger, to make such a large purchase on her own. The older neighbors will be curious and later suspicous of Nicole... the younger housewives on the block, will befriend her because they long to be invited to her fancy teas and garden parties...but they come to love her free spirited nature, and find that a day spent with Nicole is a welcome escape from their daily lives. Of course, she has no shortage of eligible bachelors attempting to win her affections....some of them suddenly "leaving town", but not before leaving Nicole with some rather expensive gifts... Like I said,its "dark" ;)
  6. Thanks, I saw another San Fran. done with stained and really like it...
  7. My San Franciscan is the home of a lovely young lady, Nicole...her wealthy husbands have a habit of "leaving town" ... and leaving Nicole their fortunes. I got the idea from the story of Belle Gunness--who lived in my town in the early 1900's--she is said to be the first female serial killer--corresponding with men through the mail, marrying them...soon they disappeared and Belle ended up with their $$. The last name I chose "Vueve Noire" means "black widow" in French...for that's exactly what Nicole is...hehe
  8. Hi all, been gone a loooonnnggg while Lots of rl stuff got in the way of my minis--So last month, I finally decided it was time to start a new project and maybe that would help me get back into mini's ( I was half way through my Willowcrest, when I put it aside) So hopefully, I'm back to stay ! I'm making an album of my Dura Craft San Franciscan...its coming along nicely. Holly, u may remember I like to add a little story about the "owners" of my houses ( this ones a bit "dark" too, like Lilly's Sweet Shop( a twist on Hansel n Gretel)
  9. Thank you, I was happy with how it turned out The wallpaper is from HBS...
  10. Congratulations everyone Off to the gallery soon to check out the eyecandy!! Can't wait!
  11. I will bring cake...I've been distracting myself by preparing for my bff's bridal shower tomorrow...making the cake today...it's a moroccan theme...so I'm making a pillow cake (with pillow pans...3 stacked).... I agree...everyones projects were awesome!
  12. Thanks everyone.....it turned out almost as i had pictured. (Vince was even a little touched that I thought of him...)
  13. sssshhhh...looked it up online ;)
  14. Thank you Truly, I got the chairs from a woman on Ebay...can't take the credit...I like them too ! ( Lyssa, Vince(or me) really isn't into hunting-I love Bambi....fishing is his thing....and of course he's big into peace and quiet,lol)