• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Sandy
  • Country
    United States
  1. SandDee

Contents

Wow, how neat to find an old long lost friend. I'm glad you have been reunited with such a childhood treasure! Sandy
  2. What WONDERFUL news, Dylan is HOME!!!!!! That is great, I got a lump in my throat just reading about this little guys journey in life so far. What a wonderful life I'm just sure he's going to have. Especially with an aunt like you to spoil and spoil and spoil him some more. I'm so glad he is doing so well! What a happy story! Just have to give thanks to God for all He does! I love babies, especially newborns! Give him bunches of hugs and kisses and snuggles. Sandy
  3. I'm just now going back and reading some of these post. Peachie, that is wonderful news about baby Dylan. Hang in there, my thoughts are prayers are with Dylan, you and his family. Sandy
  4. Wow! Thanks, your work is so beautiful!
  5. Thanks y'all, I'll try the ideas y'all have given me and let ya know what happens. I've just been trying to find a light airy, kind of lacey looking regular size afgahn that I could just use cotton thread with to make it in miniature. I'll keep in touch. Thanks, Sandy
  6. Hello everyone! I'm looking for a crochet pattern suitable for a bedspread for my Orchid. I have a beautiful bed in the bedroom and now I'd like to add my own touches to it. I love to crochet but can't seem to find that perfect pattern for the bedspread. I've looked at places like freepatterns.com and in all my crochet magazines. Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated. I would also like to know how to create a tiny little braided rug for the living room if anyone knows how to do that sort of thing too! I've got plenty of ideas, I just don't know where to find patterns for creating my ideas. :lol: Take care, Sandy!
  7. Yes, of course, the little dear along with you and your family will be in out prayers. How early was he? I sincerely hope all will be ok with the little guy. Big hug to you. Sandy
  8. I enjoy cross stitching, crocheting and embroidery work, but am trying to figure out how to downsize it to 1:12 scale for my minis. I have several projects in mind but just haven't started them yet. I want to do a mini braided rug, crochet a plant hanger and a coverlet for the bed. I'd love to do a cross stitch project also, but know I'll need heavy magnification for that project. When I get the grand projects underway, I'll be sure to share them. I've got good ideas just not enough time or money in which to do them.
  9. SandDee

P1190027.JPG

Oh how wonderful! It is breathtakingly beautiful!
  10. What a beautiful rug and such detail. I'm kicking around the idea of making a 'braided' rug for my little Orchid but haven't quite figured out how to do it yet.
  11. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments. I'm looking forward the furnishing part and doing the 'yard'. DH has some great ideas on what to do for the yard. I think maybe this will turn out to be a good hobby for both of us. Again, thanks to everyone for your positive comments. I'm just amazed at some of the work I've seen on here. Take care all Sandy in MO
  12. Well I finally finished working on my Orchid. Now comes the fun part, the furnishings and landscaping. We've ordered a 1956 Chyrsler 300B to go with it. So the next building project will be a carport to house the car. My DH is getting into this with me now, not sure how I feel about that, but oh well. I've added pictures of my up to the moment finished prodcut. Hope you enjoy them. I'm not sure where the pictures got posted to, but I used the upload attachments feature and I'm not sure where those go.
  13. Thanks Havanaholly. The wallpaper and border are from two different places. I didn't like the way the border looked with the wallpaper it was supposed to go with, so I cut it from there and added it to what you see on the walls. It's coming along, I added a lot of the trim work over the weekend. I'll post pictures probably tonight. I'm loving working with my little house and already have my next one picked out. I thinking my next one will the the Princess Anne unless I hear bad stuff about it and then I might have to re-think what I want. Thanks to everyone for your comments. Take care all, Sandy
  14. The mess you see on the roof is where I accidentally put wallpaper on the wrong side. I grew up in and around the Atlanta area, lived there since I was 6 years old. Now here I am in the midwest, but I'm getting used to it out here. There are some things I miss about Georgia and then there's the Atlanta traffic that I don't miss at all.