• Days Won

Everything posted by gamma

1. Thank you very much for your kind comments, i am pleased you liked it
  2. gamma

the salamander

Thank you all for your comments
  3. gamma

some info

From the album: Primrose House (1:24 scale, tudor era)

This is the page of the book where i got the infos about my salamander from...
  4. From the album: Primrose House (1:24 scale, tudor era)

The tudor builders faced a great hazard and that was fire. To overcome the problem they tried many technical solutions but had also a bit of superstition...they thought that a gilded salamander, which is supposed to live in fire, mounted on a wall, could help to prevent fire... This gave me the idea to have a salamander in the kitchen but I had one way only to get it..I had to carve it. Having some DAS available, I had a try: little by little, something came out...(10 mm, only a little less than half inch long)...definitely not the Pietas by Michelangelo but it can makes the role.
  5. gamma

the salamander

From the album: Primrose House (1:24 scale, tudor era)

The tudor builders faced a great hazard and that was fire. To overcome the problem they tried many technical solutions but had also a bit of superstition...they thought that a gilded salamander, which is supposed to live in fire, mounted on a wall, could help to prevent fire... This gave me the idea to have a salamander in the kitchen but I had one way only to get it..I had to carve it. Having some DAS available, I had a try: little by little, something came out...(10 mm, only a little less than half inch long)...definitely not the Pietas by Michelangelo but it can makes the role.
  6. thank you Jo but do not tempt me thank you GirlPiper for your kind comment
  7. it is absolutely perfect and real
  8. wonderful aged wall painting
  9. gamma

Parlor

what a great gloomy atmosphere is in this room...
  10. gamma

Stonework

following your words it looks easy but...i am sure it is not, not for me at least
  11. gamma

Tower bay

well done Jo, it is a wonderful wall decoration
  12. gamma

Cabin One

amazing yes, i like it
  13. those lovely surroundings make this nice property a magic place
  14. thank you, Pandulph looks very proud of your comment Thank you I am glad you liked it Thank you, eheheh more than kooking Thomas likes to eat Thank you for your lovely comment Thank you from me, Thomas and Pandulph...the smke? probably it will takes some days...good luck to your Dolan thank you Kathie, actually Thomas asked me already to look for a competent housekeeper and added..."....good looking too" Thank you Morgan...I'll try to keep you all informe about thomas and his story thanks a lot Debora, I am pleased you liked it
  15. gamma

a corner of the kitchen

Wow, thank you so much for these kind comments
  16. gamma

P1070380

Thank you all for your lovely comments, Thomas is glad to know you like his Pandulph
  17. I have just started my new album where to show you my work, step by step This will be the house of Thomas, an English sailor and merchant of the late Tudor era. I do not know much about Thomas, he is somehow wary with me, after all I am Italian…then a papist: he is faithful subject of Queen Elizabeth…and a strictly close to the English Church. Few things I know about Thomas: after having retired from his adventurous life, he lives alone with his dog, the faithful Pandulph; in the past Thomas knew new, wild, lands on the other side of Atlantic ocean, sunny places in the South and in the far East of the world. Now Thomas has enough money and one wish only…to spend the rest of his life quietly, enjoying the lovely meadows of his beloved Country; maybe, in the next future, he will look also for a wife but at the moment he wants an house. Well, this is my new project… a 1:24 scale half timbered house of the late Tudor era... I'll call it "primrose house"; I’ll build it from scratch starting from a plan I got, not very accurate indeed but I’ll try to modify where necessary and keep the house as much authentic as I can. Hope you'll like it