• Last visited

• Days Won

Rae86 last won the day on April 7 2013

Rae86 had the most liked content!

31 Excellent

About Rae86

Profile Information

• Interests
    doll houses, working in the mental health field, fighting for social causes that I believe in, reading horror and supernatural novels, playing with my cat and other critters, living dead dolls, rubber duckies, tattoos and piercings (I currently have 11 tattoos and 7 piercings), vampires, Halloween, cooking, and chocolate.

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Rae
  • Country
    United States
  1. I keep my antique dh on top of my dresser, and the one that I'm fixing up is on the hutch of my desk. My unfinished Orchid is in pieces on my craft table.
  2. Rae86

roof damage

How could I make something like that?
  3. Rae86

Detail

where/ how do you do siding? i love this look!
  4. Rae86

found kit- needs some tlc :-)

My wife got me this as a gift for Yule that she found at a local antique/thrift store for me to specifically work on as a little project. Not sure which kit it is, but its definitely adorable! It looks like the person who made it used hot glue which is probably why there is so much damage to it,
  5. Rae86

Progress on my Orchid kit (first build ever)

Slowly but surely things are coming together; working full-time and on my kit has made things slow-moving unfortunately
  6. Welcome to the forum! I'm a huge fan of Supernatural, and I can't wait to see what you come up with to represent the show :-)
  7. Welcome to the community, Brittanie! I too am working on my first dh kit, the Orchid. Mine hasn't quite decided what direction its going in, but you will definitely find that as you work on it, the dh will "speak" to you. I actually have an antique dh that I own that was a gift from my grandparents when I was young built around 1900. If you'd be interested to see it, its in my gallery.
  8. I'm not sure what they are called exactly. Just something to hold pieces of the house together while its drying from the glue (when I'm ready for that stage)
  9. Rae86

Dolls and Toys

These are really cool!
  10. Thank you everyone for the input! And havanaholly, I've definitely learned my lesson the hard way about following the directions to a T and using glue before I want to make any kinds of changes, or additions. I've written down the measurements that I need for flooring and marked areas for different wallpaper to be worked on next. Any ideas on where I can purchase these clamps I see that so many people seem to use with their kits? What are they called exactly? And thoughts on estimated price as well?
  11. I followed your advice and now have successfully done a dry fit, thanks so much Chris P.
  12. Thanks, I really appreciate the input. I've been sitting here getting a headache from trying to keep the pieces from falling apart, lol
  13. So, I'm at the point where I'm ready to start dry-fitting my Orchid kit in order to make correct measurements for the rooms so that I can put up wallpaper, laying down flooring, etc. It seems that everything that can go wrong with what sounds like a fairly easy process according to the instructions. Some of the tabs don't fit into the slots correctly, and I can't get the structure to stay together long enough to tape things in place to even do the measurements. Help please!!! This is my first kit and I really don't know what to do now.
  14. I didn't know how to resize, so I took the pictures from my iphone instead of the digital camera and that worked much better, with the pictures coming in at a smaller size.
  15. Rae86

Flea market finds

Various dh items that I've found for cheap at flea markets, thrift stores, and even antique stores/shows