Sheila S

Gold Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About Sheila S

Profile Information

• Interests
    Sewing, reading, cooking, gardening and now minis.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Sheila
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi all! I have decided to sell my Alison Jr. dollhouse with all the contents (furniture, accessories, curtains and lights) if anyone is interested. I just need room to keep building! It is a pick up only item though, becuase I fear the cost as well as potential damage to the house if shipped. I live in southern WV, but also have a summer home in Charlotte NC so I could transport it if need be to NC and meet someone for pickup. I have not listed on Esty but I plan to in the near future and my store name is White Poodle Designs. I also have a Dura Craft Manchester country house kit (new but with open box)for sale. This is an item I will ship, but because it is so heavy, I expect shipping to be very expensive depending on destination. I also have a Greenleaf Laurel doll house kit (new). Again, I will ship for actual shipping costs, or it could be available for pick up. If anybody is interested, just send a PM and I will email additional pictures if you like.
  2. I found someone locally that has 5 complete rooms of Petite Dreams furniture still in the box, but I've never heard of the brand before. It looks similar to the type of furniture Hobby Lobby carries. She also has a DuraCraft Manchester Country Cottage kit for sale but I am not familiar with this brand of kit or the relative ease/difficulty of construction as compared to Greenleaf or Real Good Toys. I believe the dh kit is complete. Any body have any idea as to what these items are worth? I don't want to offend her with too low an offer or pay a ridiculously high price either. Any input is appreciated!
  3. They fit right into the opening without any changes. My only complaint was that they don't want to stay closed!
  4. I just got around to posting a few pictures of my nearly complete Alison Jr. I am working up the courage to get the Beacon Hill out of the box...
  5. Sheila S

Alison Jr

Just a few pictures of the Alison Jr.
  6. Sheila S

Den

Very nice...looks so real!
  7. Gayle, I have been to PJ's 2 times in the past and I love that shop. The owners are very friendly and gave me lots of tips and advice. I didn't even think about driving to Charleston, Holly, but I will if I can talk DH into it. Thanks guys!
  8. Hi guys! My DH and I are planning a fall trip to Myrtle Beach SC next week, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any mini retailers in the general area? I live in rural WV so I rarely get to shop in person for minis. Thanks in advance and have a great Saturday!
  9. I was so excited to find that a Hobby Lobby store opened within 45 minutes of my home and to find that they were offering 40% off coupons each week for one item in the store. Then suddenly, the coupons changed and are now for specific items. does anyone know if they will go back to the generic 40% coupons? They were awesome! Now its just as cost effective for me to shop online when you include gasoline prices .
  10. I found the butcher block on ebay about a year ago. It was in a used lot of furniture I got. I can't wait to see more pictures of your Magnolia keep posting your progress Havannaholly
  11. Sheila S

Me, my family, and my Magnolia

Magnolia construction
  12. Thanks for the compliments everyone. HavanaHolly, I didn't make the little butcher block. I did make the cabbage and the pie though out of polymer clay.
  13. Good morning everyone! I just posted pictures of my Magnolia. I finished the decorations Christmas Eve and my daughter got it Christmas Day. She's 18, but liked it anyway :thumb: . Ive already started the Alison Jr. by real good toys. Guess I've got the mini bug! Happy New Year.
  14. I just posted some pictures of Magnolia. It's nearly finished, woo hoo!