• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Donna
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

488 profile views
  1. So what happened with the house? Are you moved in?
  2. I followed the directions and used Shellac but I wouldnt do it again....smelly stuff. Use poly or something else to seal.
  3. So sad about your house but I'm sure it can be fixed. Not sure about the wallpaper but I would try letting it dry out or possbily using a blow dryer...not too hot though to see if the bubbles will go down, then reglue the corners. I don't know if that's the best thing to do but if it were mine that's what I would try. Keep us posted...
  4. dknit

stairway

I've looked at lots of your creations and I have to ask....where do you shop to find such neat moldings, rugs etc? I'm so inspired when I look at what you do.
  5. Just picked my jaw up off the floor. You do amazing work!
  6. Thanks for the site info and Holly if you ever want to sell any of your books let me know.
  7. I love all your finds and have enjoyed your pictures. I'm working on my first....RGT 3200 shell with Mansard addition on one side and I'll put the foxhall two story addition on the other side. Trying to figure out what type of front porch to put on it. I'm going to put stained windows in it...can't wait to start on that but I'm still working on the build. I saw a fabulous house ( a large tudor) on ebay today local pick up only in California if you are near there. Very nice house. It was a buy now for about $125.00. I live in NC so that's out for me....lol.
  8. I love to do stitching for my dollhouse and I"m looking for any kits or patterns for rugs, pillows or tiny tapestries etc. Let me know if you have anything like this that you want to sell. Thanks Donna
  9. Any updates on this? What did you find out about the history of this structure? Who built it? Where in the world do you find your unique houses? I want to go shopping with you lol
  10. I read somewhere on this site a tutorial about doing leaded glass. If you use the leaded tape and cut in thin strips, you can use the "clear" color for leaded glass in bottles you can purchase at craft stores and it will give a real leaded glass look. Search for the tutorial for details as the person who did it had pictures and it really looked like leaded glass.
  11. dknit

exterior

WOW! I actually just found you and your dollhouse and I've been looking at all your pictures. Where did you husband find this? You are doing an incredible job. Everything looks stunning!
  12. dknit

New purchase 4

Beautiful! How long is your house? I thought mine was going to be big at 5 ft but I think yours is bigger! Post lots of pics as you go!
  13. My husband bought me a large RGT dollhouse....the 7200 series shell for my birthday a year ago. This shell is used for the Woodstock, Hawthorne and a few others. I am adding a Mansard addition on one side and a two story addition on the other side. It is milled plywood. I have the main house put together which is quite large and it isn't heavy at all. The quality and thickness of the wood is very nice. I have ordered working Victorian windows for it. It will take me a long time to finish and furnish it. That said, I like Greenleaf too for their designs and with the different exterior applications that you can do. I am looking forward to trying stone and brick exteriors on the GL houses. I think it all depends on what type of house you want as both are nice in different ways. I don't like MDF though. Definately use coupons!
  14. If you are prepared for the time and dedication it will take to do a larger house...go for the one that speaks to you! Expect some mistakes and frustration along the way it's part of the process but I think it's a great idea to do one together. Hopefully you can figure out a way to get some feedback from your daughter about what she likes so it will keep her interest. Let everyone know what you decided. I'm excited for you!
  15. Hi, I believe Hobby Lobby sells the Orchid kit and you can use their 40 % off coupon so it's a real bargain.