alycemina

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by alycemina

1. alycemina

Colonial Kitchen Roombox

Hearth and Home
  2. They are really nice - you have lucky children -- love, love the red Arthur!
  3. Gina, it is wonderful...every bit of it. I love the purple door and the garden tools "closet"....I love it all.
  4. very nice! the pic does show some of the antiquing, but I am sure that in person it is even better....I like the room it is in it looks like a picture from a magazine (real life, that is)
  5. If you have a Lowes or Home depot near by, they have granite etc. samples of countertops on paper - nice an glossy too. In the kitchen cabinet area. Take a few and glue them on being careful with seams. It might look great.
  6. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a go in a practice experiment experiment
  7. Hi all, These are my piano quartet dolls so far. The ladies dont have their bows yet and the piano player is missing his hands and pants! The piano is a Ralph Partelow. I have made two other FIMO dolls from scratch but these were hard because of the poses. I have learned alot! The hands are really hard and next time I will use very thin wires so I can pose the fingers. The arms are sloppy too.
  8. I buy things I like, especially unusual things. I have a huge DH barn that I put all of my collected animals and farm stuff in and around, so I guess I collect in that area. I have soooo many dhs - built, and unbuilt but am now into roomboxes, since I am running out of space and in their own way, they are very challeging (since I make the boxes, too). I was collecting Caco dolls and others dolls I like, but now am trying to sculpt my own and make costumes for them with my little old (1946) Singer Featherweight sewing machine (from ebay). I am also trying to make more things just to see if I can and since I have a big investment in special tools and materials. I think I am evolving!
  9. yes, I have made a number of chandeliers and candle lights using bulbs - the wires thread perfectly throught the hollow cotton swabs....
  10. I use cotton swaps cut to length - BUT they have to be the right kind - made of hollow plastic - you can get a whole box of them for little $. They are not J&J Q-Tips. They are perfect and cheap! Good luck (try Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, etc).
  11. Anyone know how the several artists selling on ebay make animals with fur? Is it just patience putting on a few "hairs" at a time, or is there a secret? I have a couple of cats and a dog, but they are getting more expensive and I'd like to try it myself. I am pretty sure I can do the FIMO base to get the general form, it is the furring that I am wondering about. Thanks Alyce
  12. I am working on my dolls for the piano quartet roombox. I was going to start over and write off the first 4 dolls to practice but DH tought they were really good and that I should finish them and then decide if I want to do them over. So this is a tough call. I have a lot of time in them, but wigging and dressing is a lot of time too. But I think I will finish them and if they dont meet my standards (ha - what standards) then all will have been practice. Practice makes perfect (so my mother used to say).
  13. I have a Proxxon 4" saw and use it all the time. I also have an inexpensive one which I used once and it scared me to death - it doesnt have a variable speed and runs very fast. However, the Proxxon is expensive and unless you plan on using a 4" all the time, an inexpensive one is better than none. What I cant live without is my Proxxon compound miter saw - it is worth every penny!
  14. This is wonderful! So creative and so well executed!
  15. As always, your dolls are fabulous!!
  16. Count me in and save me a room. I did cold turkey off ebay for a month but I'm back in now. My new "rule" is that I can only bid/buy things that are truly special and not over $25. Do you know how fast $25s add up!!!! Help
  17. very nice! I like to colors, very springy.
  18. alycemina

Cor-Cor Train

Train