alycemina

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by alycemina

1. alycemina

Cor-Cor train

From the album: Cor-Cor Train

A vintage ride-on-train
  2. Hi all, I am working on 4 FIMO dolls at the same time, since they will be part of a roombox scene - a pianist, a cellist, violinist and violist. My little piano quartet! It is a challange to do 4 at once but to keep everything in scale and compatible, as well as accomodate my learning curve, it just seemed the best way. I have two toaster ovens going!
  3. I like it alot - it actually looks quite modern, so it could be used in a contemporary house as well. It isnt hard to electrify these - the decision is around multiple lights or just one. Great first try!
  4. I like it alot - it actually looks quite modern, so it could be used in a contemporary house as well. It isnt hard to electrify these - the decision is around multiple lights or just one. Great first try!
  5. It is looking good! Nice pics in your gallery. I bought one for $25 half completed with all the parts to finish it and it has been sitting in a corner for almost 2 years...I am now inspired to take another look and put it on the active wait list.
  6. Love the house and your work so far, especially the wallpapers....thanks for the pics
  7. This is the clock I made the carriage from - I traced the china clock and made a coach from wood, and used a Breyer horse. It was the wheel base that I really wanted when I bought the clock on ebay.....
  8. A Lady Seated at Her Desk - Louis LÉopold Boilly Hi, The title and painter are above of the lady in white...he is French during the Napoleonic period. His work is wonderful.
  9. alycemina

Lady in White

trying to copy a painting scene
  10. Hi, I found a painting I really liked and decided to use it as an inspiration for a doll and room box scene. I sculpted the doll and made the costume and a roombox. It was then that I realized that I wished I had it exactly (to the best of my ability). This would have taken a lot more planning (if you want to find any mistakes, etc, take pictures...everything shows) and "figuringout" angles, etc. So next time, I am going to be very very attentive to the details, since it is my wish to have an exact three D scene of the 2D painting. Pics below and in my gallery. I am sure you can tell which is the painting! (isnt she lovely). I made the statue and dog, too. The dolls head is modified from a C Howe mold but I did the body.
  11. Your furniture is very very good! Looks like you know how to use a scroll saw, too. Love the country kitchen, too.
  12. Hi all, Below is a panoramic view of my roombox - more pics in my gallery. I made the carriage using the wheels etc base from a clock (the clock was china). I made it out of wood - the interior, which I cant get a good pic of is dark pink satin. I made all the doll clothes expect for the footman pushing the teacart. I also made the carriage horse's harness out of leather. I painted the background scene, food too. The large dog is a Teressa Summers - she is terrific! Hope you enjoy the pics.
  13. alycemina

The Chaperoned Meeting

A tea between lovers with horse and carriage and the dreaded chaperone
  14. I often use Heidi Ott wigs - I glue them on and they fit a pretty good range of head sizes. I also do hair myself using viscose and even fake fur fabric that I "scalp" and glue on in layers.