alycemina

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by alycemina

1. You make the most wonderful food. The melted cheese is super!
  2. http://www.x-rates.com/ this is a link to an exchange rates web site. For example the British pound is about $1.46 and the Euro about $1.28. this site allows you to select the currency you want to turn into dollars. I buy a lot from Europe/UK and the shipping rates to the US can be quite high, especially from Germany. Check this before you confirm your order.
  3. alycemina

Swedish Roombox

A room box in the Swedish style (Gustavian period)
  4. I finished my Swedish style roombox today. I made the Heidi Ott dress from a tee top bought at a yard sale for 25 cents. The fur is real from an old mink collar. I made the windows from glass and behind them and back light are painted glass scenes - a technique I am trying out. It is hard to tell from the pics, but in a dark room it looks like Van Gogh's stary sky. I also made the large Swedish clock, since I couldnt find what I wanted to buy. What made it look more real is using a watch crystal over the numbers disk. The chandelier is store bought but I added all the crystals and lightly painted it when thin white Testor's enamel paint to give it the Swedish "white ook". I hope you like the pics in my gallery. A small sample is below.
  5. I have been looking at my Bostonian (craigslist special) and it is soooo huge that I thougth I could cut it in two. I would have to make new sides for each and put in a staircase and front door in one of the halves. Would you do it? or have you done something similar? (It would actually be about 60% one piece and 40% the other.) Thanks Alyce
  6. LOVE the kitchen - kitchens are my favorite part of a dh. Is the gas cooker a Metro from a Phoenix kit? I just got the kit but havent put it together yet. Your theme is very good and I cant image it would offend anyone.
  7. love the house's front door especially and the fireplace is great job.
  8. Hi all, I've done about 10 houses - kits, rehabs, from scratch and whatever. I spent 15 months on my scratch build and 6 months on one of the rehabs. I feel stuck recently - I am having trouble figuring out what to do as a big challenge - I want to advance in some way. I rather not just do a "house of the month". I am working on scultping dolls and making a little more furniture, so there is challenge there, but in the builing department, I am at a loss......I have a half built craigslist Bostonian I could work on, but it doesnt excite me right now. I am toying with getting good a making the actual boxes for room boxes... Any of you had a similar experience? What did you do?
  9. It's wonderful - the purple is just right and all the details.....fabulous!
  10. Humbled again....you are amazing.
  11. Great that you are getting back in the swing of things. Depression is baaaadddd. I take effexor and it changed my life. No more big highs and the lowest lows. Doing minis has helped a lot....good luck and your mom sounds like a peach!
  12. Very nice! I love the Glencroft - it is one of my favorite kits.
  13. Love it - great work and original!
  14. http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/subsection/7/category/78 You can get a lot of little glass bottles, very dh size, at the link above.
  15. If you want a log cabing, that is a pretty good price if there is no shipping (its a pick up). Good luck, make sure all the pieces are there to finish it.
  16. I pretty much have given up on removable clothes and use a combination of sewing and gluing to make the clothes. I fit them to the doll as I go along. However, I do it in a way that I can carefully cut the clothes off and them repair them. It is easier to get/make another doll for every outfit. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!
  17. Nice job!!!...kitchens are my favorite dollhouse room.
  18. I think it looks fine - dark rooms were very in. If you want to add some reflective light, use a gold wash on t he walls (gold wash I use is glaze from Lowes).