alycemina

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Posts posted by alycemina

1. Swan House has lovely things. I waited about 6 weeks for my item and it came directly from the manufacturer. I too got the "it will ship next week". But they must be okay most of the time...many of their items are very exclusive and expensive. I dont think I would order from them again unless I knew the item was either in stock or they delay would be a while, up front. Good Luck. ps Try SP Miniatures, they have great items and ship super fast!!!)

2. Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! My poor husband is just about the only one who sees them, and he dutifully oohs and ahhs. I have jamie's book which is so helpful, but mostly it has been try try again.

3. Hi all,

I havent posted for a while but I have been busy learning how to make dolls. I am posting below my version of Sargent's madam X and caroling dolls I made at the request of a friend. I hope you are all well and having a good start to the new year.

Alyce

post-1825-1294032187_thumb.jpg

post-1825-1294032200_thumb.jpg

post-1825-1294032230_thumb.jpg

post-1825-1294032241_thumb.jpg

4. I have bought just about ever saw I can think of to cut holes in a finished dh....with little success (however, the ones I have tried are thicker, older houses). The vibrations are terrible and what a mess ....I have tried little hand saws, Proxxon jig saws, regular jig saws, etc. It has been my nemesis! Forget using a box cutter knife (tried that too). If you find a solution, let us know. ps MDF is very very hard to cut.

5. Hi all,

Below is a panoramic shot of my roombox. Other pictures are in my gallery. I bought the roombox off of ebay a while back. It had some out of period furniture in it, which I put aside. I fixed it up, and added the things I like. I worked the most on the fireplace, trying to add period appropriate pots etc. I was going to add dolls and food and other accessories, but they seemed out of place, so I made it more "Thorne Room" like. I hope you like it. Whoever made the roombox itself did a fabulous job in the design and execusion!

post-1825-1266122590_thumb.jpg