• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Karin
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

13394 profile views
  1. Making porcelain dollhouse people

That's essentially why I bought the kiln and am getting my own molds together, I don't want to be dependent on sellers of blanks for my dolls. They're few and far between and I'd rather learn to do it myself. There are only a small handful of people who sell the molds and even fewer offering blanks. A few years from now prices could skyrocket as they become even more scarce. I'm not intending to sell either tho, unless I have extras sitting around. 
  2. Making porcelain dollhouse people

I had posted this blog link, this is Stacy Hofmans new blog to help beginners. It has links to a lot of great info and sources for blanks, etc. Bonnie Glazier is reliable and nicely priced, link is on Stacys blog.        https://legacymoldsandmodels.blogspot.com/p/doll.html    
  3. Katie

Thank you
  4. Katie

She doesn't look very much like the one on the website, love her sweet face tho
  5. Katie

Thanks, that was challenging, her little fuzzy slippers are my favorite  
  6. Katie

Thanks, at one time she had a long ponytail lol. At least it's easy to change your mind, nothing is irreversible. 
  7. Making porcelain dollhouse people

This is a great blog for beginners like myself or just anyone getting interested in dolls. It was created around Thankgiving this year, by doll artist Stacy Hofman, with its aim to help us beginners with information and links to tutorials for painting, finding blanks, costuming, wigging, etc.  https://legacymoldsandmodels.blogspot.com/  
  8. Making porcelain dollhouse people

LOL about not being able to find a good man! But it is hard to find them in mini that don't look like women with mustaches.  Blanks are pretty inexpensive. Like we've discussed...there are very few people selling them.  Unassembled, unpainted can be found for only $15-20. There are artists who sell them for $70+ but I believe those are assembled and maybe painted.  I would never buy one assembled because I have a pet peeve about too long arms and I wouldn't  want someone else to decide how long the arms should be. Some sellers who offer blanks will also offer the option for you to pay extra to have them painted. That's usually an extra $10-30, depending on the artist.   
  9. Katie

Tell me about it lol! Thanks  
  10. Katie

Thanks Kathie, this particular batiste was nice but not as soft as the bearissima batiste, that's my new favorite fabric. 
  11. Katie

From the album Holly Cottage by WyckedWood

We've brought in the tree now looking for a spot to put Moms skates. I hope we don't run out of time to create Mom..and I hope that tree gets decorated ;)    Yesterday I finished Katie, she looks so cute, gave her a messy bun and made her nightgown by reducing a Susan Sirkis pattern for a lady size doll.  Katies nightgown is peach batiste, with narrow French cotton lace trim. She has ivory and peach  silk ribbons wrapped in her two tone blonde viscose hair.   Mold credit: Katie was bought as a blank, which means unassembled, unpainted porcelain parts. The blank was created from a Cynthia Howe mold named Katie.   
  12. Katie

We've brought in the tree now looking for a spot to put Moms skates. I hope we don't run out of time to create Mom..and I hope that tree gets decorated ;)    Yesterday I finished Katie, she looks so cute, gave her a messy bun and made her nightgown by reducing a Susan Sirkis pattern for a lady size doll. 
  13. Katie

We've brought in the tree now looking for a spot to put Moms skates. I hope we don't run out of time to create Mom..and I hope that tree gets decorated ;)    Yesterday I finished Katie, she looks so cute, gave her a messy bun and made her nightgown by reducing a Susan Sirkis pattern for a lady size doll. 
  14. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

I've got a house full of sick people...I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup.   I'm not sure if it's the smell of it cooking or the food itself but it always seems to help. 
  15. Making porcelain dollhouse people

More eye candy. Other google images searches that might change your mind about dolls because the fabrics are out of scale, etc.  Cindy Gates dolls Lisa Johnson Richards doll Janet Middlebrook  Debbie Dixon Paver (she does very light eyebrows)  Anna Hardman miniature doll  Stacy Hofman  Sebastian Bertram the S Shape Miniatures another tip for eyebrows...maybe draw them on very lightly with sharpened pencil first.