• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Karin
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

14486 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Grazhina I could see a tiny sea shell wind chime in that room.  Ive been china painting faces the past few days. I can't decide whether it's easier or harder than oil painting them but I do like the softness. Needless to say painting those tiny eyes is so challenging. I feel like it's getting a little easier though as I get more acquainted with how china paints work.  I picked up a few more child molds, oh my...the stack of molds in the cupboard is growing...so addictive. Husband is starting to raise an eyebrow when he sees them. I need a new hiding/storage spot...  
  2. Gypsy wagon exterior complete

This turned out so cute! You'll need a gypsy! 
  3. Greetings and Salutations!

One nice thing about Tudor furniture, it's easy to make yourself. 
  4. Greetings and Salutations!

Hi Bill, welcome. It is a really cool house. The first thing I always suggest is go visit the website for Hobby Builders Supply (known as HBS) it's at www.miniatures.com and sign up for their free catalog. That way you can get acquainted with what's available out in mini world as far as lighting, etc. The catalog has coupons on the back and coming up April 1st they do a 40% off one item so that's a good time to pick up something special, like a nice light fixture or wiring system. Any specific questions don't hesitate to ask! 
  5. Hi! Another newbie here!

Hi Sara, welcome! Love your houses, youre good at this! 
  6. Appreciate your imput on paint

I use artist quality acrylic, like Liquitex brand. It has more pigment than the watered down craft acrylics.  
  7. What's everyone working on?

Beautiful corset Nathalie! I love the floral fabric you used. 
  8. Hello - a complete newbie!

Welcome Skye! I remember how excited I was when I got my first kit  Glad you found us.
  9. What's everyone working on?

I’ve been pouring, firing and cleaning porcelain. I poured a new mold I had bought, a Mrs. Claus. She has two different head choices, so cute, lots of character. Definitely puts me in the mood to build her a bakery. Wish I had more time to create, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. 
  10. 72C56BA7-4233-4F02-8626-94AB5B8E649F.jpeg

Your witch is perfect, what medium do you use? This will be a fun project  
  11. How to tie a mini bow around a fork

I saw that the other day, so clever! 
  12. First time Kit question in regards to construction

Keep in mind that building the structure takes a lot of glue which can be messy and drip down and get all over your floors or wallpaper etc. Add a roll of paper towels to your supply list.   Welcome to the forum  
  13. Newbie

To keep it simple most of the posts relating to dollhouses, questions etc. go under the topic “general mini talk”. If something needs to be moved a moderator can do it. Don’t be intimidated post whatever questions you have and welcome! 
  14. What's everyone working on?

When I lived in Roseville, the Elegant was my go-to store.  Thanks about the china Nellie, I appreciate that