• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Karin
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

46,131 profile views
  1. I’d like to find a copy of the old style Dolls House Emporium catalogs circa about 2003-9 ish. This was an era that I particularly liked the way the items were displayed in the rooms. I had several copies from that time period but gave them away sadly and now the catalog is layed out differently. Happy to pay a decent price. - Karin
  2. The Chrysnbon and House of Miniatures kits and in general the more high end pieces like JBM or Bespaq will be on the finer scale petite side.
  3. My understanding is that Sherri Colvin retired from doll making. That is what it states on her website minidollkits. As porcelain dollmaking becomes more rare they are getting more expensive. All but a few mold makers are gone as of this year and with Sherri leaving that is one more doll source for supplies etc gone. If you are willing to watch carefully you can find costumed dolls available on eBay (still) for good prices. A few ebay resellers get astronomical prices for dolls but I believe that is because their regular clientele does not shop around. Do a search for “porcelain dollhouse doll 1/12 artist” key words to that effect, save the search and you might get lucky with a good buy it now price or find an overlooked treasure.
  4. An album for my porcelain dolls and dishes, vases, etc.
  5. What Fov said, that’s what I do as well. Use a needle tool to poke down into the clay then “plant” with tacky glue. Can build up mounds with foil, then clay, then landscape material.
  6. WyckedWood

The BFD

Starting an album to track progress of a dollhouse redoux. This is a house acquisition I found on Craigslist. I never look on Craigslist for dollhouses anymore- well I haven’t for years- and just randomly looked and found this diamond in the rough languishing in someone’s shed. Could. Not. Resist. Thanks to member madtex it was identified as a dollhouse offered circa 1980s, built by a company called And More in WA state. It’s a fully enclosed beast of a house, two rooms deep. Until I come up with a classier name it is fondly referred to as the BFD.
  7. Wow that is amazing. Beautiful work.
  8. Hi Linda nice to see you around! I have been going back and forth between hobbies and life size house stuff including several moves, but I’m working on a very large dollhouse and other mini stuff at the moment. Isn’t it nice that we can always count on Greenleaf forum to be here when we need some dollhouse camaraderie and inspiration
  9. WyckedWood

Random

My dollhouses and dolls I’ve made. Random.
  10. As a buyer I prefer individual items (not lots) and buy it now. If something I’m interested in is an auction then 9 times out of 10 I forget about it before the auction ends.
  11. If you are referring to Portland OR I think there is a shop open by appointment in Vancouver, across the bridge. Otherwise you’d have to take a trip to Lincoln City on the coast and visit Rocking Horse mall which has a great little mini shop but they are closed mid week so be sure to check first- I made that mistake on one occasion. The Portland Miniature Show was late September.
  12. Thanks Carrie, I’ll take a look.
  13. Anyone know what’s up with the Jar-Jaf miniatures website, is it coming back at all? Ive emailed as they say to do but no response. Is there anywhere else to purchase items like they sold- specifically filigree metal (brass type) long strips and lamp parts like harps etc.?