WyckedWood

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by WyckedWood

1. Mattie I hope you have this book! https://www.amazon.com/Dolls-House-Needlecrafts-Projects-Scale/dp/0715301691/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=NRZ3VPZBBZ4N&keywords=dollhouse+needlecraft+book&qid=1664507889&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjY4IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=dollhouse+needlecraft+book%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1
  2. The history of our hobby is documented in those old magazines, in the articles, advertisements and photos. They are a treasure trove of knowledge, talent and innovation. I have so many now it’s become kind of a problem...but I love them all, you really can’t go wrong. So many stores come and gone, so many artisans come and gone. I feel very sentimental about the way the magazines documented it all. Before the internet especially. From time to time each publication would change editors and some editors were better than others. So there may be a year here or there where the content wasn’t as good.
  3. WyckedWood

Tudor lady

Thanks! I don’t know who she is supposed to be either lol
  4. WyckedWood

Tudor lady

From the album: Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

Tudor lady walking up staircase in castle room
  5. WyckedWood

Tudor lady

This is my latest Tudor lady with gable hood.
  6. Ive been bawling for days. I just can’t believe her sunny spirit left us, along with the mini worlds she created and loved. A true kindred spirit and will be truly missed. I was also glad that we have her work here since her family is deleting her page per her request. She is legendary for the back to back Beacon Hills and was also a contest winner here at Greenleaf, back in the day. She loved Alice in Wonderland and I’m going to make a scene in her honor. Her miniature business she called La Dee Dah miniatures on fb and I’m thinking it’s possible the family may forget to delete that one or leave it up. I went through her photos yesterday and said goodbye with many tears. ❤️This is one of her (several) Alice scenes. Karin
  7. I thought Tracy did the Adams, or was it the Madison? Try searching for Madison photos also, they are very similar the Madison is just larger. I always use google images to search for dollhouse ideas because usually the ones on Greenleaf will show up in a google search if they have been titled with their kit names.
  8. WyckedWood

Canopy bed

From the album: WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

A canopy bed I made recently.
  9. WyckedWood

WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

~The Sea Hag~ This house has evolved and changed so much since I first built it,it was originaly dark, brooding and empty and then it slowly became light and charming.I thought I would never decorate it and now it seems to take the contents of every other house I own for its own...very demanding and rewarding;-)
  10. WyckedWood

Fortune Teller

My latest doll

© Blue Moon Doll Studio

11. Where are you in Oregon? If you’re in the Eugene area we have an active miniatures club!
  12. I had a friend who used to do this and I THINK she would first glue a piece of clear (obviously) fishing line between the pot and cup and then use that line as a base to build up the resin effect of pouring water.
  13. Wow, this is an old thread- and happy to say since it was originally written I have moved back to Oregon! The only shop left here is in Lincoln City, on the coast. It was mentioned in this thread, it’s within a store called Rocking Horse Mall. I have visited and they do have quite a lot of items so definitely worth going. There is at least one day of the week - Wednesday or Thursday- I forget which,that they are closed, so check first. Im a member of Eugene Miniatures Club, which does have members from the coast area and even Portland. We do several meetings per month on zoom and several in person, as well as sharing emails and projects with each other- so it is an active club. Vast amount of collective knowledge and one of our members is an IGMA artisan. Aside from that, the Portland miniatures show is in September this year. Google search for Eugene Miniatures Club and Portland Miniatures show. Karin
  14. Here is a link to the catalog. Of course you can use the website too but I like having the catalog in my hands for research. https://www.miniatures.com/Hobby-Builders-Supply-Catalog-P21659.aspx
  15. It’s a good idea if you’re new to all of this to order yourself a free catalog from hobby builders supply. I learned a lot when I was starting out just by studying the different options in the catalog and sometimes there are tidbits along with the item description that explains how it is used. It helped me to understand electrical and other facets of building and what was available. In addition to hobby builders supply (which is also referred to as miniatures.com it’s the same place) anything you could need in the construction of your house is available on eBay. Just search dollhouse miniatures flooring on eBay. Good luck.
  16. Thanks, I think it’s called Citrustrip.
  17. Yes, thanks I swept the cobwebs 🙂
  18. From the album: The BFD

After removing paint from window frames etc
  19. WyckedWood

Before

From the album: The BFD

Before paint removal
  20. From the album: The BFD

Decided to begin by removing all of the grey and blue siding. Then removed paint from windows.