WyckedWood

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by WyckedWood

1. Id like to make more wicker too. I made one chair and enjoyed it but its labor intensive. Id like to take an entire week and just devote it to wicker and have all the supplies out and ready. The weaving was the easy part but getting the piece prepped was hard for me....couldn't get the spokes through the thin wood without cracking the wood so I switched to mat board and that worked better. Good luck with yours Jenny.
  2. Welcome to the group Scarlett! Which house did you pull the trigger on?
  3. How fun Patricia, the gypsy wagons are so neat looking. I took a short class on cold porcelain and thought it would make really nice thin petals,Im sure it would make a nice doll too. Have u ever seen the gypsy travel trailer done by Cinderella moments? Fun to look at. http://www.cinderellamoments.com/2010/09/gypsy-travel-trailer-dollhouse-all-done.html this is a picture from it:
  4. What miniature skills would you like to learn and or perfect this year? Id really like to try making minis with cold porcelain, flowers,etc. How about you? I would also like to learn to make better picture frames and improve my skills with oil and acrylic paintings for my houses. AND I want to learn to use the settings on my digital camera to take better pictures of my minis:-)
  5. Hi there Jasmine welcome to the group! I was born in a small town in southern Arizona so I already consider you a kindred spirit...plus I like the way you are jumping right in to building such a huge house, share lots of pictures.
  6. I cut the tabs off the staircase too....just remembered that...and Im thinking in a few other places too.
  7. I hear that Gina. I started decorating the interior of my Beacon Hill one year ago (it sat finished and empty for several years). I was just going over my lists for the house and I feel like I haven't made a dent. Its not very instantly gratifying unless you can buy everything you want, when you want, which I cant. But then again, I like the way a house evolves and that doesn't happen if you buy everything at once, in RL or in mini. I have lots of houses that are empty and Im fine with that.
  8. Love those colors. I can see this placed next to a vase of red roses.
  9. WyckedWood

powder room

From the album: WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

<p>I decided to add a second sconce on the other side of the mirror overhanging the sink. I thought it would be too close to the edge of the wall, but I tried it out and I like it. The wires will be hidden in the siding and behind rose vines along the exterior of the house.</p>
  10. WyckedWood

powder room

From the album: WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

I decided to add a second sconce on the other side of the mirror overhanging the sink. I thought it would be too close to the edge of the wall, but I tried it out and I like it. The wires will be hidden in the siding and behind rose vines along the exterior of the house.
  11. As far as glossy finishes being out of scale....I couldn't agree more! Now if we could just get that through the heads of the miniature furniture manufacturers;-)
  12. @ Brae, That's a great way to start the New Year:-) I have to wait until my kids go back to school to do mine.
  13. True Debora:-) and that was *doing interiors and not *going interiors...lol...I just don't find the same satisfaction in half scale, unfortunately !
  14. Rachael...first, the cat in your avatar is so beautiful! Also...Im sure its prob a good idea but I didn't use a spray primer first and I didnt need any special magnifying doodads...it really wasn't all that challenging. The cooker is so cute and I noticed one already built on ebay for a great price if anyone is interested.
  15. When I first started I wasn't interested at all in going interiors, but now that's my favorite part...all the details. Also do love the challenge and creativity of the build though...but eventually, sadly you start to run out of space for more houses.
  16. This is looking really neat, I love the curvature of the roof.
  17. Rachael, last summer I made my first one, heres a link to the questions and answers I got from the forum at that time. http://www.greenleaf...l=&fromsearch=1 I had great success with E6000 glue and I spray painted the parts before I assembled them and had no trouble getting them to stick to each other. The photo is the 1940s gas cooker I made. I bought my kit from New England Miniatures.
  18. Youre welcome Diane! Take lots of pictures along the way, theyre fun to go back and look through when youre all finished.
  19. Does the house have siding on it? If not, applying siding would cover the stains too. I use artist quality acrylic paint from the hobby/craft shops, and sometimes sample sizes of interior latex paint and sometimes regular craft paint sold in the small bottles...all of the above are commonly used and give good results. I use an artist brush with wide bristles to apply paint. Im thinking a regular paint brush might be a little too thick. A good source for dollhouse supplies, such as siding, (besides your local dollhouse shop if youre lucky enough to have one) is www.miniatures.com or even ebay.
  20. Hi Muriel, really hope to see you around more, welcome back! Your daughter is such a doll, and what a cute tower!
  21. Thanks Dale, I was just going through and cleaning up the album. After the last forum change the texts didn't match the pictures, what a mess...Ive literally been working on it for two hours. Im getting off the computer now lol...
  22. Im the same way Gail. All of my attempt at organizing goes out the window when inspiration strikes. I also use old hatboxes for craft storage.
  23. Your craft room is awesome Lyssa, I love the chest of drawers. I like to use furniture for storage too. I have two old shabby desks, one is an antique Larkin,after painting them white so they match I have all of my dh books on them and the drawers filled with fabric,etc.