• Last visited

1 Neutral

About MLady

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.christinemoore.org/index.html

Profile Information

• Interests
    Staying 25 fo'eva, Her Pinkness, Princess Pebbles (PrincessPebbles [dot] com), website design and creation, graphic design, 3-D graphics & avatars, romantic comedies, miniatures, antiquing, gardening, scrapbooking, crocheting, quilting, geneology, Judy Garwood's historical novels, anything Victorian (e.g.: architecture to ephemera, yum!) my Yummy Daughter-Girl in CA, my gorgeous son in Iraq, and my biggest fan and hubby, The Gnome.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Christine
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

858 profile views
  1. Oh my word!! I'm so inspired! Okay, I must confess 'hesitant' isn't what I'm feeling any longer; I'm SO EXCITED!! And Tracy, I had your Fireplace tut up for a few days, and then my system rebooted one evening and I hadn't located it since! I think I might love wickering, that is if I get half the results as you, Wen! Thank YOU, ladies, for all the info and links! :thumb: (My yummy daughter is still sleeping (time difference!), I think I'll start searching for a few books and reading a few tuts!)
  2. Hello Suus! Welcome to ~you~! Congratulations on your Garfield. It's one of my very favorite houses. I can't wait to see it...! Do you plan to share pictures as you build and decorate it? Again, I'm so glad you're here! :thumb: Warmly, Christine
  3. Hello everyone! All of you have been so sweet and just wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to write and making us feel so welcome! Tracy, thank you for including those hyperlinks on the bottom of your personal emails. If opening new doors to people is your desire, I can attest it works! I'm thankful I decided to venture over here once more to check it out. And I'm glad we became members! We've met so many incredibly gracious and humble people. The vast amount of expertise and experience here is overwhelming. I'm unsure if we couldn't find at least one person who knows something about something we'd want to try out. I appreciate everyone's willingness to share, too. It feels like an instantaneous extended family! As far as the bathroom furniture... Well, it was simply a trial and error discovery. I have two extra sets that didn't work out (either from the wrong fit or because the look wasn't right). Notice, too, their are essential pieces missing. It's a tiny powder room! I found the bed from a lady in either the U.S. or England. I loved it the moment I saw it and knew it was meant for the cottage. I also wanted to know how it was put together and with what kinds of fabrics. Tink/Ms. Mini? I'm really looking forward to seeing your clay!! After reading your entry, my hubby was ecstatic! 'I can't wait to see yours! You need to just start!' ...ooOOh the pressure! =) Actually, if you're pleased with yours and it's your first attempt?, I'm actually looking forward to it, a little bit!! I failed so miserably on the polymer clay, I'm a little hesitant to begin another clay project! Psst, Jen? I know what you mean!! I'm already feeling that! Wendy, thank you for your sweet note. I'm sorry I confused you! Let me make this soo clear, I will be SUCH a beginner at PaperClay, I'm four steps behind the class! I tinkered with polymer class once for about 30 minutes, and the results were reeeeally bad! I've been wanting to ask... have you ever provided a tutorial on your wicker, or do you know if there are tuts or books out there? I am simply impressed why your artistry! Hello Carrie! I've seen you and your calico around a lot. It's nice to finally meet you! haha Hello Kokke! We've seen you around before! You've made us laugh at some of your comments. It's great to meat you! I've not been to your Gallery (and Carrie's as well as a few others!). THIS I will be doing! Your little avatar is awesome! Hi MissyMew and QueenAnneDiva! LoVe your pets!! MM, you're one of our very first people we bumped into. I mentioned your AV to my hubby and thought your cat was sWeEt! WHAT is she holding?? =) Jackie.... =) (curtsying very low and holding for a long moment). Thank you for your lovely welcome. I've seen your nursery, sun room and nurse and what lovely and detailed work. Your plants are wonderful (LOVE the calla lillies) and your nursery is sooo sweet. I can't wait to pick up the book you mentioned. Thank you for sharing it... Hi Suus! Every time I've seen your kitty, my breath has been taken as if my heart has skipped a beat. If she (he?) is who you've chosen as your AV, I can hardly wait until your Gallery is up to see it. ~Welcome to you~, too! And Nutti??? We've seen your posts everywhere. =) You have great insight and are always so helpful. Thank you for sharing so much, and especially, thank you for your kind words. Thank you to each of you for your sweet notes of encouragement! Just a note, our daughter :welcome: flew in last night for her 21st birthday on Sunday (!!!). I don't know how much we'll be available in the next couple days, but want you all to know, we're just thrilled to be here... ~THANKS, again.~! Have a mini fantastic Friday! Warmly, Christine
  4. Hi Whippet-Gal... I get around that all the time, as I'm always wanting to see what is being offered internationally (even though the Seller may think a Buyer in the US or elsewhere wouldn't want to pay the high price for shipping). Whenever I find something I want on eBay UK, I simply send a message to the seller ASKING if they wouldn't mind selling it to me, and if they're willing, I ask how much the shipping is. I think overall, I've only had one gent hesitant about giving me a shipping quote (he chose not to) and the rest have always been extremely nice and willing. I find absolute treasures all the time this way... In fact, I'm in the middle of a transaction right now, where the desk I'm getting is $3.99 GBP (less than $8 USD) and a VERY similar one sold last week in an auction for $70.00 USD. I LOVE looking around this way! :whistle: Here's how you get around it... take a peak at your browser address; it will appear something like this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..... Simply change the extension on eBay's server from ebay.co.uk to ebay.com like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...... Now you can see everything the US is selling even though they may have only stated they would ship to, say the US, Canada and Australia. I hope this helps and opens a few doors for you. Warmly, Christine
  5. Hello! Thanks so much for all your sweet and wonderful welcomes! NewToMinis, your curtsey is most graceful! {You must have practiced for many hours!} I must admit I have laughed so much this morning (ROFL); I don't believe I will be getting the unexpected images of webbed feet out of my mind easily! Oh my word!! LOL ...and Yes! I have my hubby's namesake (written by Poortvliet/Huygen) right here! I'm recognizing some of you as I quickly jump to view a few of your Galleries. I'll need to take time to peak at everyone's! Oh, Welaine! You were the very first person to come by and view our Profiles. I've been all through your site before and want to say HOW much I adore your work. I was thinking as I was looking at your Orchids how much I am becoming an adrenaline junky. I have to admit that your wicker work is just... amazing... And finally (!!), I saw a closeup of your avatar! (I'm always clicking peeps avatars in an attempt to LoOk at the picture! I'll say that I have been to many Profiles because of this! haha) I absolutely love your Van Buren... I hope one day to be able to capture a sense of reality as well as you have created. It's like I can 'hear' the peace and quiet in your house. Your staircases are incredibly grand... {big sigh} I'll be visiting, again! TinyJudi, your stone work and wood trim on your fireplace in your Glencroft is just amazing. Wow... It's really breath-taking! I can't wait to go back again and again (I'm sure, any time now, Webshots is going to be asking me for some $$ for the time I spend on their server looking at peeps' pix!). And thanks for the tut on the flower. I have so much Fimo taunting me to try again. My first attempt... wasn't pretty! Greg, I have seen your kitty EvErYwHeRe but never had a moment to peak in on your sTuFf... I love "It's Coming"... And the staircase with the bad kitties? I think I've died and gone to Adrenaline Heaven! ...so very cute, and gorgeous mini work! I'll be back! HavanaHolly? I remember seeing you when I first signed up. A few days, I later I was reading this most interesting post on using paint w/spackle (I hope this is correct!), and they referred the inquirer to YOU, the Queen of Spackle!! I didn't know who they were speaking of until LaTeR! haha I love it, and am going to attempt it! TY!!! I can't wait to get to know each of you more, and learn about your creations. What a FuN place to learn, and ~absorb~ (and OOH! and AWE!) and be encouraged! Havana, thank you for your note about Doug! I'll say, if he doesn't return home soon, I'm going to end up with three cats, four dogs, a cockatiel, and seventy-one minis!! I'm exhausted already! :wine: Warm embrace to you all! TTFN Christine PS HH?!?!?! YOU're comparing YOUR masterpiece with HiS tAbLe?!?! ROFL! I'm hesitant about encouraging him! LOL His table is... is... lacking. LOL I've suggested sturdier table legs :whistle: and he just won't have it!! hahahaha :jump:
  6. Hi, My name is Christine and I'm new to the forum. I've been peaking around for the past week and didn't know I was supposed to introduced myself until a new friend mentioned that she just did. I thought, "Uh-oh...!" I, too, apologize if I "did it incorrectly!" :jump: I had no real intention of participating on the scale that I already have, but everyone here is so incredibly nice... It's just amazing to be a part of something so special. Thank you to all who have made me feel immediately welcome. Your houses are absolutely lovely! I've been an avid fan of miniatures since I was nine years old when I first saw my great aunt's doll house. I was allowed to sit alone in an upstairs guest bedroom in a chair opposite something I had never seen before. Stunned, I simply sat and longingly gazed at this most fascinating masterpiece while the adults visited downstairs. I never touched a piece (I was told not to =) ), but walked through the entire house with my eyes. I was intensely amazed and the experience somehow touched my soul in a way which helped mold some of my lifelong passions and hobbies. Since then, anything miniature has been instantly recognized as a wonderfully magical place to visually visit (and sometimes escape!). When my children were small, I yearned for something to help fill the endless hours through the nights while I kept watch over my oldest child who was ill. After considering it for a few months, I finally bought my very first (and very inexpensive!) doll house kit. My first doll house has now been deconstructed and is ready for remodeling with PaperClay. It will be my first attempt, so we'll see how it turns out! I got back into mini's in late September (after a very long break) when my son was deployed to Iraq. I needed something to fill the long hours waiting for his return home later this summer. I have four room boxes now (two still under construction), three houses (a range of busy-ness on each one), and a large masterpiece that my hubby and I are currently building. (Yes, it's been a VERY busy five months... :whistle: I wouldn't recommend it under the circumstances!) I've never had someone participate with me in my doll house fascination (except for my enthusiastic wee children!), let alone build along, so having to share decision-making on the style of windows, colors, etc.!, is quite an experience for me (!), but also an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Yes, my hubby is my best friend! BTW If you happen to see a very short-statured gent (wearing a red, pointy hat) roaming around, that would be mine. He's totally harmless, although he is known to stop at nothing to make me laugh. Yup - I'm keeping him! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this... We appreciate it so much. Warmly, M'Lady
  7. MLady

topporch.jpg

Oh my word... this is stunning.. Beautiful job, Kate.
  8. MLady

first_floor.jpg

BaSh iT, KaTe! ...jus' BaSh iT!! See - I've learned this new term since joining this awesome forum only one week ago, and it's called ~BaShInG~. I've learned to not settle... By simply BaShInG it, we can make our dollhouses the way we ~DrEaM~ them!!! =) Add your kitchen, Kate! I'll support ya!! ...even if it takes you 15 years! ...wait... it HAS taken you FIFTEEN YEARS!!! LOL ... ... ...leave it, Kate... ...forget the kitchen. B)
  9. I can imagine walking up the stairs and turning to see that beautiful stained glass. Absolutely stunning, Kate...
  10. LOL! I like your comment about 'loading up on the gingerbread', Kate! I can't wait to see all your detailing! Well, just sign me up on your Fan Club membership list...
  11. May I introduce to you our new addition, Princess Pebbles! She's a Shih Tzu puppy and we got her in late January. She has her very own dot com website which states, Deservingly Loved and an Eensie-Weensie Bit Spoiled, well... because she is. She has a great smile, is simply excited to chase and be chased, loves ANYONE, lives for treats, owns it all, and most surprisingly, she's a Mini Biter & Kisser Beyond Belief! Pictured, well, she's just posin' for pictures! We just love her...
  12. MLady

ooohhh...lovely...

Oh my word! This picture looks professionally taken for some Frist Scale, high-end, Tuscan/Parisian gourmet magazine. Totally exquisite... I LoVe iT!
  13. MLady

Table repaint

Oh Wow... I love this... This is awesome!
  14. MLady

IMG_1028_1.JPG

Wow... THIS is sooo gorgeous! I especially appreciate the large picture(s?) in order to see all your hard work and details. It's magnificent!
  15. MLady

The bottom floor

Oh my word - I love it!! Such a cute idea and pretty counter!