Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Sue

• Birthday 03/10/60

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Just moved from Virginia Beach to Springfield, MO!
  • Interests It's time to update my interests! I love cooking and cook books and my two new goldendoodle puppies, Bonnie and Belle. My husband is a newly retired Navy chaplain and my daughter is married to an NCIS agent and recently relocated from Hawaii to Germany. They have a 16 month old little girl named Avi who I adore! Once again I'm hoping to renew my old hobby of building doll houses. I was working on a Garfield but I'm thinking about setting it aside and starting on a smaller easier one to refresh my skills before getting into the Garfield again.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Sue
  • Country United States
  1. Our new house is still only partially renovated and am hoping to finish in the next few months. This includes a rather large craft room! Yeah!

1. sparklepuppies

Yay for craft rooms! :)

2. After having a couple of rough years...2 major surgeries, health complications, moves do to husand's career, am hoping to soon begin working on miniatures again.

3. Please help, I need talking through this

I'm so sorry for your loss. Although I don't know you personally, I can say with all truthfulness that I am deeply saddened for you and can only pray that God will strengthen you and give you the courage to go on. Love your son as if he is present. He is absent today, but one day you will see him again. "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:3-4 It seems that both you and your son are covered in these words of Jesus. God Bless. Chaplain and Mrs. Denley (Sue)
  4. An unexpected diagnosis

Deb, I haven't logged on for awhile and hardly ever in the last two years...2 major surgeries, complications, husband in Kuwait and two mortgages and a total house renovation that I had to do mostly myself!! We finally just got a contract on that darn house (that we had to restore after destructive renters) and the light is at the end of the tunnel. Maybe one of these days I can start working on my miniatures again! Any way, all my excuses for not really knowing you, but my prayers and positive thoughts are with you in your health situations. It sounds like once this is over you'll be feeling better than ever! Sunshine and flowers! Sue
  5. DSC01807.JPG

Wow! Very beautiful!
  6. Just finished reading your content and it was really encouraging for me. 49 and just coming out of 2 years of illness and major surgery and other difficulties. Thanks for the uplift! Sue

7. Almost finished Jefferson

This house is amazing! I really love the crisp white and periwinkle blue! Beautifully done! Sue
  8. Prescott AZ Historic #2

Just passing through looking for eye candy to soothe me after a tough day. I love your inspirational houses from your trip. I really think I may borrow the colors from the Prescott AZ house #2 for one of my minis. I'm not able to work on anything fun until our real house (the trashed rental that is causing us to pay 2 mortgages!) is completely renovated and sold, but I see the end is near. Tomorrow I work on painting trim and edging for the interior upstairs (covers about 1,000 sq ft.) It helps me to imagine one day having time to clean my own house, cook good things and settle down to work on a mini! Thanks for the inspiration! Sue
  9. To everyone at Greenleaf! Hi! I'm Sue and 2 years ago I was just beginning to work on my new Garfield. I'd made a smaller house for my daughter when she was little and always wanted to make another one. Long story short, my enthusiasm for miniatures had to be put on hold after 2 successive surgeries and a prolonged illness. Nearly two years later and I'm itching to begin working on my Garfield, but am stuck finishing a real size renovation of our home that we had rented out while stationed overseas (so that we can sell it and stop having to pay two mortgages!) Yikes! We're almost done and I can't wait to begin enjoying life again. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I'll soon be done with this total gut and renovation (we had to do most of the labor ourselves!) :welcome: and I can regain a regular schedule for cleaning my own house and actually enjoying working on my Garfield ;) (Let alone the Beacon Hill hiding in its unopened box!) God Bless All! Sue
  10. Hi Tracy. I just checked my profile and saw that you checked in on me in January! I've been very ill the last two years and this is why I sort of disappeared off of the site. I'm slowly getting better and can't wait to start working on my miniature house. We are currently frantically trying to renovate our real house to sell, so between that and my struggling health, it's b

11. 4/8/09 If You Could Make A Difference....

I am a Tae Kwon Do instructor and a few years ago I was teaching the tots about good touching and bad touching. The mother and siblings of one of my students suddenly left the dojang visiting area and a huge commotion erupted outside. One of the other siblings found the courage to tell her mother that their father was molesting all of them. He was later found guilty and sent to prison. Safety and vindication for the innocent. From that moment on, I was in awe of my own responsibility.
  12. Different Word Game 1/7/08

oops! Skip mine! I don't know how I messed up!
  13. Different Word Game 1/7/08

fare
  14. Hi There Sue! You were on my mind and I just wanted to say hello to you :)

15. IMG_0927.jpg

From the album Garfield