Just One More

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Just One More

1. Are there pictures anywhere of anyone's finished 1/2 scale Jefferson? I'd like to see how it looks when finished. I looked in the gallery search and there isn't anything.
  2. Thank you. The dolls have taken over a lot of room. The dollhouses have to be right on the edge of the tables so my Kitty, Twiggy won't take the pillows and baskets. She still manages somehow to snag them but not as much. Now that I have the dog, he will chew up anything she knocks out on the floor. I used to find the little pillows and baskets on the floor, now I find the pieces all chewed. I usually catch him before he swallows any. Thank goodness she doesn't knock any of the furniture out. What surprises me is neither the cats or the dog bother the dolls at all. The cats will cuddle up and sleep with one on the bed but they never chew them. Some people in the doll club I'm in have problems with pets and doll chewing. One has a cat that will chew off eyelashes. I think my fur babies think the dolls are little people.
  3. I stained the floors and they came out nice so I stained all the window trims, stairs pieces, fireplace pieces and just about everything but the inner and outer walls and ceilings before punching out. LOL. I'll seal the inner walls for wallpaper and paint the ceilings. I haven't decided on the exterior yet other than the roof. It's smaller than I expected. The Fairfield seemed bigger. I wish I hadn't sold that now. I'll probably varnish all the stained parts now with my water based varnish I always use. Those tiny window frames would be a pain to do after punching out. The cut pieces on laser cut are dark so that makes it easy unless you choose to paint. I really like the larger houses but it is nice not to have the entire kitchen taken over with dollhouse parts.
  4. I hope to start staining the floors today on my 1/2 scale Jefferson. I always did that on full size houses so hope it looks OK. I stain the stairs and baseboards too. I'll have to order the interior doors for the bed rooms. I may cut an opening in the floor to the attic because I like to have stairs there too. The thinner wood will be easier to do that. Being laser cut, I'm hoping the window frames inside and out will be nice looking. I always bought upgraded windows for all but one of my 1/12 Jeffersons. I'll take some pictures when the shell is together.
  5. I've never had a whole sheet fall apart like that but window frames sometimes come all apart and it's very upsetting. There are a lot of good ideas mentioned above so hope you can get the pieces you need making patterns and using foam core or something like it. Sheet balsa wood might work too and it can be stained. It's easy to cut with an Exacto knife and glues easily with white glue. I don't know if the 1/8th inch balsa is available where you are.
  6. Very nice. Love the cake on the washing machine. My favorite style kitchen.
  7. Thank you. I have many pictures here in the Greenleaf Gallery from awhile ago also. The Picasa albums are mostly dolls now. I've had Toby about six months. I got him at the shelter. He's a Toller retriever mix. I've always had just cats, three now, and a dog takes some getting used to. The cats are finally tolerating him. None of my pets bother my houses or dolls except one kitty who loves to take pillows and baskets out of the houses.
  8. I hope when I get started again and want to show pictures, people will click on my Picasa link at the bottom of my posts. That's the only way I can share pictures. It's mostly my dolls now but I'll add albums of my minis as I get going. Even that is tricky since my SIL had to fix my computer. There are lots of older pictures in the gallery here and I don't even remember some of them. I was really busy building for quite awhile.
  9. I found some wallpaper I had in half scale and will just stain the floors. I made the Fairfield years ago and sold it but kept all the furniture so just have to get started. I wish GL would make it in 1/12 scale and I'd find a place for it for sure. It's one of my favorite floor plans. The Jefferson and Willow are favorites too. I'd like to build the 1/12 scale laser cut Jefferson.
  10. I haven't posted here in ages. I have 12 completely furnished houses and have just run out of room. I have my largest one still on a table in my living room window and two others in the LR. Two I have displayed in each of two bedrooms and the others have their furniture in boxes in the houses, back to back, in the basement or wherever they will fit. I don't want to sell them because some have wallpaper etc. no longer available and I put so much work into them. Lots of my pictures are here in the gallery. I collect American Girl dolls and My Twinn dolls also so my house is like a toy store. It's just overwhelming sometimes and I don't know what to do. I really like all my collections but there is no one where I live at all interested in even seeing them. I've had computer problems twice where I had to FedEx it to my SIL to fix. He can do it remotely now if it isn't too bad a fix. I'm still not good at using my computer. So anyway.....I'll try and figure out how to deal with having too much of a good thing and try and keep in touch here more often. I never learned how to put pictures in from when the changes were made way back. I do have quite a few in the gallery though if anyone is interested, and nothing new to add now anyway. I got the Jefferson 1/2 scale on sale awhile back and just haven't gotten it started yet.
  11. Just the cardboard mock-up must have taken a lot of work. I would have never thought of doing that.
  12. Very nice. I've never seen this house before. All the wallpaper and wood work looks beautiful.
  13. I must have missed any changes. I haven't tried changing anything.
  14. Just One More

DSCN0616

That looks so great. Where did you find camo wallpaper? I'd have never thought of that.
  15. Just One More

DSCN0578

You are so talented. I love this whole project.
  16. Just One More

DSCN0574

Very nice. I love all the little acessories.
  17. Just One More

DSCN0498

I like how you have done the pull down for the stairway to the attic.
  18. Just One More

DSCN0490

Very nice. I love the furniture, fireplace, and the ceiling beams are perfect. I'm inspired.
  19. Just One More

DSCN0488

Love this little table. It can be used in any period. I got mine at HBS, unfinished.
  20. Just One More

DSCN0485

Your wood trim, doors etc., look great. I like the rug too.
  21. Just One More

Kitchen

Very nice. I still haven't ever put working lights in my houses. I really have to try it next time.
  22. Just One More

DSCN0647

I have two of those found over about 15 years. I have them in my Victorian houses. I think they were soap dishes. Yours looks in really nice condition, still shiny. I shie mine now and then with copper cleaner.
  23. It's been awhile for sure. My last houses built are the small RGT cottages. I made one red, one blue and one gold. They were on clearance at Hobby Lobby over a year ago and I got the three. I was surprised how much room they really had with no side windows. Being smaller it was easier to reach in the rooms for wallpapering etc. I think there are some pictures of them in my gallery. I've changed some things in a Willow I was working on but it's on hold now. I have lots of 1/12 scale furniture and enough half scale for the Jefferson so I don't know why I've been putting this off. My big Victorian is still in my living room window. There are pics of it in my Picasa albums if not in the GL gallery. It's one of the ones I finished just before I went into my mini withdrawal. I've added little accessories and my kitties have finally decided to leave it alone. I have to learn how to put pictures in the gallery here because everyone likes pictures of everyones work. I get so many ideas looking at the gallery. I can still look, but that's it. I'm one of those that has to be shown in person how to do something, not just read instructons. Computer language is beyond me. I did medical transcription for 20 years but don't know how to cut, paste or any of that stuff with computers unless I actually see someone do it. I can't even figure out Facebook. I don't know if my Picasa link will be on the bottom of this post or not. If it isn't, I can post it for anyone interested. There are mostly doll pics but a few of my last houses are there.
  24. I haven't been on here in ages exept to browse. I have run out of room to build unless I can find some space. I did get the half scale Jefferson on the sale awhile back with the GL Town, hoping it would get me back to building but when you get out of the habit, it's hard to start again and the Jefferson is still not even started. I have another doll collection now too, My Twinns, I discovered about 18 months ago which didn't help. When GL changed to this new version, I never got very good at it. My computer skills are very lacking. I have a gallery with lots of my houses from before the change but never learned to add on to it since. There may even be more to learn since I've been away. The laser cut Jefferson is so different than I remember from the only other GL half scale I built. The laser cut wood seems thinner but I guess I'll remember as I go, how to do it. I've checked all the pieces and punched out the basics so hope it looks as nice as my full size Jeffersons which were my first houses. I've done two full size laser cuts before and the wood is so nice to work with. I'll try and learn how to add pics when I get started.
  25. Just One More

P1090055 1

Very nice work on the book cases and fireplace.