• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Just One More

1. Just One More

dollhouse1.jpg

Twenty dollars!!!! What a fantastic deal. It's a beautiful house. :w00t:
  2. Just One More

IMG_1033.jpg

Definitely. It's very interesting with the center tower in front.
  3. I've seen dolls like that in a old dollhouse book I have. They are from Germany. The crib probably is also. I Don't know how old they are but I would guess the 50's or around that time.
  4. That's just brick scrap book paper from Joanns. It's called brick wall and they've had it a long time. I always get a few extra pieces just in case. I'd like to learn to do the paper clay or egg carton but I don't think it would work on this porch floor because the floor is thin and and anything thicker than paper would come up above the bottom of the door. This house would look nice with a thicker foundation. I'm glad you all like it. I wasn't sure about this house at all.
  5. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

I'd like to try some real brick sometime if I could find this color.
  6. Just One More

Chantilly with black roof

Painted the roof black
  7. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

Just paper but better than too dark for now. It dosen't show too bad by the bay window where I had to try and match the brick pattern.
  8. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

You can slightly see where I had to piece this but only from one angle. I may re-do it later.
  9. Very nice. I'd love to build a Rutherford some day. ;) Pin1056, is that your kitty in your avatar with the citrus rind on it's head? That's so funny.
  10. I still have to glue the railings on or maybe use temporary tacking. It makes it easier to move without breakage. The widows walk trim is lost so I may have to make something else. The porch railings were white from the Victoria's farmhouse top porch I didn't use. I painted them black first to completely cover the white and then burnt umber. Inside, only the living room is finished so far and I have to go through my wallpapers and see what will look good in the other rooms. I don't know if this looks like any particular time period as far as decorating, furniture etc. I'll just have to look through all my collection of furniture and see what looks best. I'm going to put some flower pots where I added the piece to make the porch straight across the front. It doesn't really show with the railing but I know it's there. At least this house doesn't look like any of my other houses. Mine all tend to look the same with my favorites being Colonial. I put three pics in my gallery under Chantilly with black roof. Wasn't sure how to change the title. ;)
  11. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

The railings were white and I painted them black first and burnt umber when dry. Black covers anything. :lol:
  12. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

The mail box and porch light are on.
  13. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

Exept for the shingles and widows walk railing, the exterior is fiished.
  14. I like the oval window too. I know absolutely nothing about Harry Potter but I had that window in a house I sold and just found out you can still get them at RGT in the Lilliput section. I really like that window. ;)
  15. Just One More

DSC_0042.JPG

What a nice house. I love your wallpaper and all the rooms are so interesting. The bedroom , hall and bathroom are really different. I don't think I've seen this house before. Very nice.
  16. This morning I added a little to the gable over the door and filled in the porch so it's straight across and not indented on the left. I'm thinking of building some flower boxes or getting some at HBS to put along the edges of the porch instead of a railing. If I could find a railing with triangular pointed slats that might look OK too. I don't think regular spindles would look good. I may have some with those kind of slats that come in a roll but don't know if they would look too good with the rest of the trim on the Chantilly. I'll have to find them and see. More pics when I get this section done. ;)
  17. I found you can't put your pics in the gallery with Google Chrome so I do it in IE. I have told IE to save my passwords and now it asks me but doesn't save them anyway. Google saves all of them so I only use IE to get my mail and anything else Google may not do. It is very fast though, even on an old computer. ;)
  18. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

With the trim it doesn't look Victorian but more Swiss or Alpine. Te inside will be the late 1800s to early 1900s, kitchen, etc. I just put the gable over the door. It matches the windows better now.
  19. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

I also put a gable over the door to coordinate with the windows.
  20. I kind of liked the black, much better than the rust but this morning I decided to paint the roof the same color as the unfinished laser cut window frames. Spice brown matches almost exactly. It's taking 3-4 coats to cover the black. Rather than shingle I'm going to try thin wood strips about 3/4 apart vertically. That will hide the tabs and I think it will look better than shingles. I put the trim on the windows and now it kind of looks like Swiss or German with the roof matching the wood. I'm putting a gable over the door. The door was bugging me because the shape isn't at all like the window trim and it's just about impossible to get it to where it will open and close. I glued it together in the middle and will just set it in the opening rather than glue it to the door frame. The gable ties it in with the windows. Haven't decided on the porch floor yet. wood planks, brick or stone. I'm not good at any of those things so I may just work on the inside for awhile. ;) It does almost look like a Swiss Chalet but don't know a whole lot about architectural design.
  21. I just painted the roof black on my Chantilly. No shingles yet, which will be a job. I think it was the rust colored roof that was saying South Western to me. The window frames are the natural laser cut wood with the black edges. I still may put on a porch roof with plain posts. The window trim makes it look like a house in Germany to me and without, I still don't know what style or era it looks like. I do like the black roof better. Check the pics in my gallery and see what you think.
  22. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

Which view looks easier to decide an era?
  23. From the album: Chantilly with black roof

The rust roof made it look South Western to me. Now to decide about the window rim.
  24. This Google Chrome is exactly what I need for the way I use my computer. It puts the most frequently used sites on screen first thing and remembers the passwords. It was one of the choices given on the announcement about ATT Yahoo not being available after October 1st. I can use IE for news and weather or read it in the paper. I hope this is the answer for me. I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox since it never worked anyway. Thanks for everyones help. :yay: